70. WILL TO LIVE

"He asked you to what? In his place?" Joe's voice trudges between disbelief and suspicion.

You continue to lick off the ice cream from the wooden spoon and softly nod in silence.

"So, you're telling me that you've been staying in Jungkook's place for a week, and now he is asking you to stay there permanently?"

"No, not permanently, but for an indefinite period." You scoop another perfect bite of butterscotch ice cream; oddly it feels satisfying.

"Yaaa!" he yells and hops from the couch. "Are you insane? Why would you stay in that dumbass's place first?"

"Then what would I do? I literally dodged a fricking bullet! That place is nothing but a nightmare for me now!" your chin inflates with air like a puffer fish and deflates with an audible sigh.

"What about my place? I have a huge ass apartment with 3 bedrooms, and what is your problem with occupying one of them? What is the need to seek refuge from him?" with both hands resting on his hip he resembles a typical Asian mom.

"See, this is why, when you get mad, you become 10 times scarier than a regular assassin! I was legit traumatized after that incident and at that time my mind was not capable of processing anything. I just crawled into a place that felt safe and secure. Now that I'm all good and sane, I was thinking about moving out of that luxurious mansion. But even that decision is hanging by a thread after what happened last night!" You ruffle your hair in frustration and groan wildly.

He stares at you in complete silence and sighs softly. "So" his body lethargically slouches over the couch beside you.

"Will he be moving back to the dorms soon?"

"No, why would he? I asked him not to." Your fingers glide along the ice cream cup amassing the remains of the butterscotch.

His head alone swivels in your direction, eyes glimmering with disbelief, "Are you for real?"

"Hey, what do you take me for? I might come across as a cold person at times, but my heart is bigger than our Bighit building! How can I ask him to move out of his own house?"

He sits up with a dead face and turns around in your direction, "Y/n listen" he gently sweeps the disheveled strands of your hair and tugs behind your ears. "I understand why you chose to stay in his place, you were scared, threatened, and all that. But, do you know what is even more frightening?"

He pauses, and you can see his jaw muscles tightening, "Media and paparazzi! Those invasive pests will kill your peace in a swish. Especially in this country, you got to be very, very careful of them. I don't want you to face the wrath of Jungkook's fans just because of some baseless absurd rumors!"

"I...I get it! But..." you try to come up with an acceptable answer to ease off his valid worry, but there is nothing you could say to justify your decision to stay back in his house. You want to stay back because your heart wants to. His gaze scans your perplexed face for a good minute, his lips curve into a smug smirk.

"Alright, y/n, seems like you have your own reasons to justify your potentially dangerous decision. I'm not going to talk you out of it. But remember, he is an idol, he can handle the consequences.

You're just a manager; the consequences might make your life hell. You got to be very careful." His calm and composed tone indicates he has accepted your decision.

"Joe, I'm not in a state to let mere words shake me up anymore. Don't worry about me, even if anything happens, you're there, right? Your magic caffeine potions are more than enough to heal me!" your arms snake around his bicep as you lean over his shoulder.