PART 32

I turn around and see jo. "Alex what happened?" she asked. I let go of his hand. Alex looks at me then jo. "nothing im fine. you should go" he says. I walk out. "not you y/n. I meant jo." he said. I look at him. "its ok. were not together. were just friends. your allowed to be with her" I say he looks at me sad. "y/n" he says. I turn around and he was about to say something but didnt. I look at jo fake smile and walk out as she sits down

I walk out and someones arm goes around me. "you ok" he ask. I look up at Jackson. "yea yea im good" I lied. "how's Alex" he ask. "hes stable" i say. he looks at me worried like he knows im lying. "what did jo do" he says as we enter the elevator. "she walked in asking about Alex. I left" I say. 

*2 weeks later*

I slowly open my eyes. I roll over and see Alex I touch his side on a accident. "fuck y/n" he winces in pain. "im sorry im sorry" I say. he opens his eyes. "you still have that?" I ask him. "yea we leave bullets in people all the time. its just worked its way to the surface." "get it removed Alex" I say looking at him. "mama" I hear Ryker. I get up and pick him up putting him on the bed. he crawls over to Alex and lays beside him. Alex holds him and they go back to sleep. I smile at them and go into the bathroom to shower. I wrap a towel around me and walked out. I walk into the bedroom. Alex wasnt in the bed anymore and Ryker and everleigh were both gone. I put on some sweatpants and a t-shirt. I French braid my hair and walk downstairs I see everleigh and Ryker in there highchair eating. I kiss both of there heads as I walk over to Alex who was making coffee I stand in front of him. he looks at me. I kiss him he kisses back. im standing between him and the counter he presses me against the counter kissing me. 

someone cleared there throat. we pulled away looking. it was mark. I laugh a little. "my bad didnt mean to interrupt the love birds" he laughs "mark" I said. he laughs I walk over to to everleigh and clean her and Ryker off. I let them down and they run off. "hey" I laugh. I could hear there little feet hitting the floor. Jackson walks in with Ryker over his shoulder. "I found a monkey" he laughs tickling him. everleigh runs in Derek chasing her. she runs to Alex and he picks her up she hurt him I could tell it in his facial expression. "you ok" I ask "yea she accidently kicked my side" he says. "get It removed and that wouldn't happen" I laugh. I take her from him and she whines. I get Ryker and go upstairs to put clothes on them I put a little hoodie on Ryker its grey and some jeans and put his shoes on. i pull everleighs little purple hoodie on and some black leggings along with her shoes. I pick them up and walk them back downstairs. everleigh had her blanket in her hand. I put them on the ground and everligh runs to lexie she picks her up and holds her. "we got to go dont we" I ask grabbing my things. we all get our Things together and walk out. 

-

we get out at the hospital and I pick up everleigh and Ryker. I walk to the elevator and get in. I ride it up to daycare and drop the twins off. my pager goes off. I get back in the elevator and go to the lounge everyone looking at me. I put on my scrubs and my pager goes off again along with Aprils who was changing to. I walk to the O.R. and see Jackson "scrub in" he says. I scrub and we enter the o.r. "we just got here and were already operating?" I laugh. "ok the hearts ready" Owen says. I look at them. "ok start the clock and dr l/n grab the heart" Owen says again. I take the heart out and walk it Over to a bowl "badass" Jackson says. 

we stitch the heart

"Time please?" I ask. "2 hours and 42 minutes" Owen says. "were behind. this tissue is more than I need" teddy says "trim this please dr. l/n" she says handing it to me. I look in the gallery and see Meredith and Alex. they were watching the surgery. Owen was asking for things and Jackson hit a tray. I panicked and layed on the floor breathing fast. "y/n" Owen ask. I didnt speak. "talk to me y/n" Owen says again. I lay there on the ground breathing. I look up and see Alex looking at me worried "y/n you are ok" Jackson says me still laying in the floor. "can you get up" teddy asked. 

thoughts filed my head about that day, the shooter. the gun to my head. Alex bleeding out. Derek being shot. Owen being shot. me in the O.R. I could've died. 

"y/n get off the floor. go get a new piece of tissue." Owen says. I didn't move. "ill just go" Jackson says walking out. I still lay on the floor. I look up and see Alex and Meredith both gone. I stare off into space. I hear the door open. "grey, Karev. you shouldn't be In here" teddy says. they come in front of me. "y/n" Alex ask. I didnt speak. "y/n?" Meredith ask. "I cant be in here" I whisper. "I know y/n its ok" Alex says. "lets get out of here" Meredith says laying on the floor the way I am in front of me. "I cant move" I say. "I know I know. just come on." she says. "mere. I cant feel my legs. I cant feel anything" I say crying and panicking. I didnt move. "Alex" Meredith says. he gets closer and picks me up walking out Meredith following behind. I cry in Alex's chest "your ok" he whispers. they walk me to the lounge and I sit down. putting my heads in my hands. Meredith rubs my back. "I thought I was ok." I whisper. "I know" she says. Alex sits on the other side of me "I cant be in there and if im not in there where am I supposed to be?" I ask. Alex pulls me close to him and brushes his fingers in my hair. "its gonna be ok" he whispers. Alex's pager went off "I will be right back and ill take you home" he says to me. I nod. "Meredith can I talk to you" Alex ask. him and Meredith walk out as I sit there

-ALEX'S POV-

I walk out with Meredith and shut the door "do you think she's gonna be ok?" I ask. "Alex talk to her. be there for her. your in love with her. dont break her Alex. dont play with her feelings dont make It worse" she raises her voice at me. I didnt say anything. she walks back in to sit with y/n. 

I walk to the O.R. and see dr Bailey. "get in there on that table and get your shirt off." she demands. 

-Y/N'S POV-

I sit in the lounge after ive changed. I sit in the window sill and watch as the rain races down the window. I listen to the rain hit the building and the thunder crack. I take a deep breathe. the door opens and I look to see who it was. April comes up to me. "you ok?" she ask. I didnt speak. "I honestly dont know" I whisper. she changes. "you want a ride home?" she ask "Im waiting on Alex" I say. 

someone else walks in "is she alive?" I look at Jackson. "yea y/n she'll be fine" he says. "good" is all I say. he walks over to me and hugs me. I hug him back. "you'll be ok..." he whispers. he lets go and him and April walk out. i sit here waiting. 

-

the door opens and I see Alex holding Ryker and everleigh he puts them down and they walk over to me. I pick them up and hug them tightly. Alex changes then we go home. 

we enter the house. I take everleigh and Ryker and walk upstairs I put there pajamas on them and lay them down for bed.  Alex walks in "thought you were gonna be on call tonight" I whisper pulling out clothes to put on. "no. im staying with you" he says. I pull a t-shirt over my head and lay down under the covers. Alex joins me "Alex?" I whisper. he turns around to look at me "do you think im gonna be ok?" I ask "I think your gonna be just fine. were all here for you especially me" he says and pulls his shirt off laying down and pulling me into his chest. I looked at his chest where the bulllet used to be. "you got it removed?" I asked. "yea Bailey took it out thats why I was paged." he said. he lays there holding me rubbing my head until I fall asleep...