PART 42

I roll over to Alex asleep. "good morning baby" he says in a raspy morning voice. I melt. "goodmorning love" I say he rolls and lays in my chest as I play with his hair.  he kisses my stomach.

he looks at me and kisses me hovering over me.

"I love you" he whispers. I smile from ear to ear, "I love you more" I say. I hear little feet and the door opens and Ryker and everleigh run in and crawl on the bed crawling to Alex and i. Alex grabs Ryker and throws him on the bed as if hes wrestling him. everleigh comes and lays on me. Alex begins tickling Ryker. I smile at this...what ive always wanted.

-

we walk into the hospital we take the twins to daycare and we get paged we go into the main lobby and Owens on the stairs. "okay everyone lets start" he says everyone gathering around. I lean against the counter beside Alex. "as many of you know Seattle grace mercy west has had a major financial setback, the administration is working hard to keep the setback as small as possible. to that end were gonna have to initiate some cost cutting measures. the board has hired a physician advisor to help" Owen says. "whats a physician advisor" Meredith ask. "she assess were we can trim our budgets." Owen says.  "who to fire and when to fire them" Bailey says. Owen clears his throat. "she's here to advise and to help I was hoping to introduce her in person but she seems to be running late" Owen says. "oh, on her first day. not very efficiant" I ask. everyone but Owen laughs. he finishes what he was saying and we all go ur separate ways.

April and I go to the E.R.

Stephanie comes up to us "please help me im drowning" she says. I take the chart out of her hand. we walk up to a bed "your expierncing shortness of breath?" April ask. "luckily no. 45 minutes in a E.R. bed  before a doctor pulls out a stethoscope id likely be experiencing shortness of life" she says. "ok rude" I mumble. she stands up and shakes our hand "Alana cahil physician advisor can you point me towards chief hunt im afraid you've made me late for a meeting" she says. "ill take her" I say. i lead her to doctors hunts office where I enter "I believe I found her" I say. "thank you y/n I think thats all" he says. she begins complaining as I walk out.

dr robbins walks up to me. "you ready for Nyahs surgery?" she ask. "its now?" I ask "yea did you forget?" "no" I lied.

we go to the O.R. and Alex was waiting. we begin surgery and robins has been acting funny. cahil was with Owen in the galley. arizona dropped a pan "what happened?" I ask. "do you need me to step in" Alex asked standing beside Arizona. Owen comes through the speaker "think of the ocean" he begins to speak. "look you should go ill take over" Alex says. "no ones moving Im stripping the endocardium from the papillary muscle I cant screw this up so dont move" I say.

-

I walk out of the O.R. I get in the elevator and go up to daycare. I walk in and see Meredith sitting on the floor with Zola and everleigh and Ryker "what are you doing here?" I ask. "mommy" the kids get up and run over to me, they hug my legs.

"I needed a break. its lunch." she says. "something bothering you?" I ask. "I have to get on a plane" she says. I sit down on the floor infront of Meredith. the twins both try to squeeze in my lap. "whats bothering you?" she ask me "im pregnant" I hesitated before saying it. her eyes widen in surprise and then she smiles happily. "Alex's right?" she laughs "yes" I laugh. "are you happy?" "im trying to be but what if he dosnt want to be with me after. what if the twins dont get enough love when another baby comes?" I ask question. "hey, hey. dont think about it that way. be happy and Alex loves you" she says.  "are you not worried?" "no because I dont even know if my baby's gonna live" she says "your sick" we laugh.

-

it was night time. I headed into the conference room for our meeting we had to have.

I walk in and sit beside April. I wasnt one of the last ones like normal. after I walked in Meredith and Derek walked in aswell.

soon the whole conference room was full.  "welcome, welcome everyone thank you so much for coming, it has been a privilege to watch you all work. and in so beyond impressed with what ive seen" she says "however there is going to be some cuts, I am proposing we close your E.R." she says. "what? were a level 1 trauma center" owen says. "were a hospital" dr Richard says.

"this is ridiculous you cant close the E.R. you went to med school you understand" Derek says.

"can you just listen. most of us dont have millions to fall back on" Bailey snaps. Derek looks at Meredith, then me, then Callie.

she continues to talk.

-

I walk out of the conference room.

it was Time for me to go home. I get in the elevator and head up to daycare to get the twins. I grab there Hands and walk back to the elevator. I go to the locker room and see Alex. "hi" she smiles so wide once he sees me. the twins pulled away and run to him. I change real quick. Alex stood up and walked over to me "hey" he smiles. "hi" I laugh a little. "we should buy a house" Alex says. I look at him funny. "well I mean if were going to have our own little family then maybe we should get our own house" he smiles. "ok" I kiss him and smile into the kiss.

"really?" he pulls away. "yes baby" I smile.

"im heading home. ill see you later?" I ask. "yes beautiful. I will see you in the morning" he says. I sigh knowing ill have to go to sleep without Alex for the first time in a while.

"I love you" I say and wrap my arms around his neck. he hugs me back and kisses me. "you ready to go?" I ask everleigh  and Ryker.

"no" they whine. "I know but we have to" I say. Alex pick up Ryker and kisses his cheek and then everleigh. she wrapped her arms around his neck and wouldnt let go.

"come on baby" I say she shakes her head no. "you have to go home with mommy and ill bring you a teddy bear home" Alex says. her eyes light up. she reaches for me and I grab her.

Alex kisses me and I walk out with everleigh and Ryker on my hip.

I walk outside and see Jackson. I get in the car with him and we head home.

I get there and get the twins out.

the twins run to the door I open the door and Zola was standing there "hi Zola" I say and she laughs and runs away with the twins following her. Derek yells "whoa" he says as he moves out of the way of the running toddlers
"Bailey snapped your head earlier" I laugh "she's just nervous. Everyone is about The whole thing" Derek says
"Do you think I'll get fired?" I ask Derek "no way. Your the only cardio fellow we have" Jackson says "true. I just really love what I'm doing and I don't think  I could ever find myself doing anything else" I say taking off my jacket, walking over to the couch and sitting down

I run my fingers through my hair
"What's bothering you other than that?" Derek ask.
The kids come running in and Ryker runs and jumps in my arms because the girls were chasing him
"Mom! Help" he yelled.
I laughed. "Alex wants us to buy a house" I say
Derek and Jackson smiled
"And?" Jackson asked. "I would really love that" I smile to myself 
Ryker snuggles into my neck basically squishing me

"When's Meredith comeing home?" I ask. "A little later" Derek says "so what are we doing for dinner? It's just us 3" Jackson ask.
Derek got up and walked to the kitchen. He called my name
I put ryker on the couch beside Jackson
I walked in and I saw him looking through some mail "this is for you" Derek says. I look at him confused and take the envelope
I looked at my name on the envelope
I opened the envelope...

—————
YOU GUYS! I'm back to posting this story! Also I changed the cover photo so don't be confused! Let me know what you want to happen next or how you feel about this!!