PART 37

I rub my eyes as the sun was shinning through the window. I check my phone. I had 3 missed calls from Leia and 2 text from a unknown number....

I delete the messages and put my phone back on the nightstand. I roll over to face Alex. "who was that" he ask sleepily. "just Leia" I say and he pulls me closer to him. I hear little feet then I feel someone tug on the bed I roll over and see Ryker "hey mommy" he says I pick him up and he crawls in-between Alex and i. I play with his curls as Alex and him end up falling back asleep. 

I get out the bed and grab everleigh and walk downstairs I see Meredith and Zola eating.  I put everleigh beside Zola and we all 4 eat. "we all working today?" I ask her. she nods. 

"do you ever see yourself marrying Alex" she ask. I choke on my drink. "huh" I ask. "would you ever see yourself marrying Alex" she says. 

"honesly I dont think he wants that. my past is trash I have 2 kids already I would want another if it was his but I just dont ever see him wanting me. I dont ever see him wanting a girl thats been abused and hurt and already has 2 kids" I laugh. "well you never know y/n" she smiles at me. I give her a funny look. I hear little feet and then Ryker comes in the kitchen and Jackson behind him. "what y'all talking about?" he ask. "you know just y/n and Alex getting married and having another kid" she says without hesitation. Jackson smiles at me. "in fact I was not. Meredith was talking and I was listening" I say.

Alex walks in and we stop talking. "what are we talking about" he ask. "were talking about how you-" I kicked Jacksons leg. Alex looks at me funny. "were talking about how everleigh smacked you" I lied. he laughed. I walked over to him and he grabbed my waist and pulled me close to him. he kissed me softly. I heard a gagging noise. I pulled away and looked at Jackson. Ryker and everleigh and Zola were looking at us. "eww" everleigh said. I laughed. I walked upstairs into my room and changed into some jeans and a shirt. I picked out clothes for the twins and they ran in. I changed them and we left for work. 

I walked into daycare with them I hugged everleigh and kissed her cheek and put her down. 

I hugged Ryker and kissed his cheek and put him down and waved as I walked out. its harder leaving them because im afraid that they dont get to spend very much time with me anymore...

I walk to the lounge and change into my scrubs. Alex walks in he grabs my waist and pulls me in and kisses me roughly. he pulls away "you know I heard what you guys were talking about earlier right?" he whispers. "what?" I try to play dumb. "Jackson knew I was standing outside the  kitchen" he laughs "oh" I said before Owen came in. "l/n. Karev. trauma coming in on the roof" he says 

we rush to the roof as they pull her off the helicopter. 

I rush to there side "female hiker found at the bottom of a ravine. positive L.O.C. with obvious head and abdominal trauma" the guy says as we push the gurney "hypothermia. frostbite. you name it" he says as we rush inside. "weakened pulse" Owen says. they shine a light in her eyes and they open. "im Dr. l/n your in the hospital can you tell me your name?" I ask her. she starts gasping. 

we rush her to the M.R.I. I put the thing on her head "im gonna be on the other side of that glass just try to stay calm for me ok?" I ask her as I start to walk away she grabs my wrist. I look at them. there all bruised I look at her ankles there also bruised. I hold her hand. "you weren't hiking out there were you?" I ask. she shakes her head "whats the holdup l/n?" Owen ask. Alex and Owen are sitting on the other side of the glass "give me a apron im staying in" I demand 

Alex brings me one and I slide it on "thanks" I say and he walks out. I grab her hand again "ok. im right here with you im not leaving your side ok?" I smile at her she nods slightly and I push the button and she goes into the M.R.I.

they layed her on the O.R. table as we all gathered around looking at her xrays and determing what the first approach is going to be. "she's been abused it showed all over the X-rays" Alex says. I walk over to her "you were running from someone? no ones going to hurt you I promise I just need to know your name sweetie" I say to comfort her. she looks at me "he called me Susan" she says we all look at each other "but I think my names holly" she says. "ok holly. were going to take very good care of you I promise. im not going  to leave your side" I say holding her hand as they put her under. 

we bagan. "her name was holly wheeler" Meredith says "we dont know anything yet. so lets not jump to conclusions" Derek says "she was in the grocery store with her mom and someone just took her" Jackson says . "so this could be her" Alex ask "so she was what 8 or 9" Alex ask. "she was 6 and they weren't in the supermarket they were outside" I said. everyone looked at me "her mom bumped into a friend and they talked about a block party and they were talking about  food and everything and I think about it all the time especially since ive had the twins"  I say. Alex looks at me "the police want us to check for a birthmark" Owen says I look under her arm and there indeed was a birthmark 

we finished surgery

I walked with Derek as we go and check on holly. "can you wiggle your toes" he ask her. she does as we watch "painful" I ask. she nods. a therapist comes in "hi holly is it alright if the police ask you a few questions? only if your up for it" she ask holly. holly looks at me. I put my hand on her shoulder and nod for reassurance. she nods and the policeman comes in "do you know the man that was keeping you" he ask. she was about to speak but doesn't and looks at me "its ok" I say softly. "Joseph ingles" she says he ask her a couple more question and she looks at me with tears in her eyes. "I think we should take a break"I say. they walk out 

it was later in the day I was sitting in the gallery watching Callie do surgery on her again.  

Alex came in "you know we never finished that talk earlier" he said. "what about it" I asked. "you really think Id never marry you?" he ask me. I look at him. "honestly no Alex. my life a mess and its ok to not want to be apart of that" I say. he grabs my hand and walks me out of the gallery to outside of the hospital. he puts his hand under my chin and lifts it up to meet my eyes with his "I dont want you to feel like you have to be with me. I was your patient at one point and then I fell for you and you started dating jo and then a lot happened and then I moved home and came back and then more stuff happened and then we got together" I say he just looking into my eyes "also there was a shooting and a plane crash" I say. "and I just dont want you to feel stuck with me. you dont have to be the dad to my kids Alex they'll be ok. ill be ok. well be ok" I say. he kisses me sparks fly...."but I want to y/n" he says pulling away. "Alex. I love you..." I say. 

our pagers went off I check it and look at Alex "what a code..."

----------------------

OOPS

I POSTED PART 1 OF MY JACKSON AVERY STORY! ITS CALLED TRAUMA IF YOUR INTRESTED!