PART 41

I sat beside meredith. Callie walk in "oh god I tried to Get here as fast as I could" she says "they found the hospital negligent." Meredith says "when's he going to tell us about the award?" "they already did" I say looking at Callie. "we get 15 million." Arizona said. "woah" "each" I say. Callie sits down "so what the hospital hands us a check?" Meredith ask "the insurance company will give you a big check" the lawyer said "in the meantime I have a pingpong ball to hit" Derek says. "yea I need to rush back to the hospital" I say grabbing my things 

we begin to walk out "wait where's everybody going" Callie ask. we stop and look at her. "dinner we've been sitting in the same room for the longest time why not one more but with food infront of us?" she ask 

-

we walk into the hospital. and ride the elevator up I get off and walk over to the nurses desk "where's dr Karev" I ask the nurse "I think he may have been called into surgery" she says. "will you let him know im looking for him?" I ask "sure thing dr. l/n" she nods. I walk away and go into the conference room where I see Shane and Derek playing ping pong. I walk in "my turn" I say. Shane gives me the paddle and we play. "whats bother you" Derek ask. "nothing" I lie. "y/n ive lived with you long enough to know that something wrong" he says. he hits it and I miss. "point for me" he says. I roll my eyes. "ill let you know later" I say. "good luck with your wrist" I laugh. he smiles at me and I walk out. 

I walk down the hall and see Alex. he smiles at me "hey y/n you ready to finish that talk now?" i take his hand and drag him into the on call room "oh is this what you wanted to talk about" he smirks. "no Alex" I laugh. I lock the door and look him in the eyes. "whats wrong y/n" he ask. "im late." "late for what?" "you know im late" I say trying to hint. "late for what y/n" he ask again "my periods late" I say. he freezes "oh" is all he says. I start to panic "see this is why I was nervous" I say running my hand through my hair and turning away from him he grabs my hips and turns me around and pulls me into him and kisses my head. a tear falls from my face. I look up at him and grab his face  "no matter what happens I want you" he says I rub his cheek with my thumb "ill go get a test and then ill find you again" I say. "im coming with you" he says. 

-

I get paged to help with jacksons surgery. "ill see you at home baby" I say and kiss Alex. I walk to the O.R.

-

I walk in the door and hang my jacket up. I hear little feet and then everleigh and Ryker run in. I pick them up "hi" I say and kiss there cheeks I put them down and see meredith walk out the kitchen "hey where's Alex" I ask her. "hes upstairs" she says I walk up the stairs with the twins behind me. April comes out of her room. "hey" she smiles the twins run into her room and she goes back in her room. I find Alex on the bed. I look at him as im about to cry "Alex whats this" I ask. I see cheeseburgers and red velvet cake. "because its what we ate when we first met. and I wanted to get it again for you because there might be a baby in there" he gets up from the bed and comes over to me. he kisses me and then we eat. 

-

I walk out of the bathroom with the test covered. Alex stood there outside the bathroom door. "so what does it say" he ask smiling "we have to wait" I say. as soon as I said that the timer went off. I look at Alex and then flipped the test over. 

"pregnant" I whisper. Alex looks at me and smiles he hugs and then kisses me "I love you" he whisper. "I love you to" I smile at him.