PART 34

I was standing there talking to Callie and Meredith about our red dresses. I felt someone behind me. Meredith and Callie walk away as I turned around. "oh y/n just the person I wanted to talk to" he acted surprised. I give him a funny look "because you totally didnt just run Meredith and Callie off" I laugh "see thats the thing I need to talk to you about" he says "your going to Dr. baileys wedding right?" he ask. "why" I give him a funny look. "well I was supposed to go with Alex and then April set me up with Stephanie so I set her up with Shane and now I have to find Alex a date and I didnt know if you'd be his date?" he ask "no" I laugh. "dude, your made for each other just get together. he isnt sleeping around hes keeping it in his pants for you" he says. "he seemed to be all over jo yesterday. did he decide I was who he wanted today?' I ask taking a sip of my coffee. "dont be that way y/n he loves you and you should just get married and have more twins" he laughs I hit him playfully. "fine Jackson. now go" I laugh. he walks off. 

*LATER*

I walk into the locker room and see everyone getting dressed. I walk over to the mirror and begin  curling my hair. I can see Alex glancing over at me every once In a while. I take off my scrubs and change into my red dress. Meredith walks over and zips it up and I snap her bracelet on her wrist. I finish getting ready and put some lipgloss on in the mirror. I see Alex struggling with his tie, I walk over "you always struggle with this part dont you" I laugh a little. "maybe I just struggle to get your help" he winks at me. I fix his tie and collar. he looks at me up and down "thought you Werent going" he ask. "plans change" I look him up and down. I smile before walking out leaving him in the lounge. 

(YOUR DRESS!!!)

(YOUR DRESS!!!)

-

I get out at the reception and make my way to find Meredith and Callie. I sit with them on the couch as we drink waiting for miranda. 

her sisters trying to call miranda but she wont pick up. "straight to voicemail" she says hanging up. I look at Meredith and Callie worried. "is it possible. that I may have said that she had any doubts she should flee" Callie whispered "what?" "why?" we ask. "well I kind of said that marriage is like a dance of death. and that leaving him at the alter would be the easy way out" Callie whispered again "thats nice" I say taking a sip of my champagne. "I was joking" Callie said "ohh" Meredith says "and she was nervous, okay?" Callie says we look at her funny "she was nervous" she whispered. 

ben walked in. "how nervous?" our heads point in his direction. we didnt speak. "how nervous was she Callie?" he ask again. 

We watch as ben paces waiting for a phone call or anything. 

he finally gets a call. we walk out with him to give everyone the news. i see April sitting beside Shane like Jackson said and Jackson and Stephanie laughing. I look and see Alex and jo sitting together. "what the fuck" I mumble. Meredith looks at me "sorry" I whisper. ben walks to the front as were standing at the back. "could I have everyones attention?" he ask. everyone goes silent. "um my beautiful wife to be has been pulled into a emergency surgery. so things are gonna be delayed. those of you who are doctors understand and other. there setting up the buffet. the bars open. drink, eat. and just as soon as were able we'll have a little wedding" he smiles at everyone. they all get up moving "that poor man. baileys probably hoped a boxcar to Mexico. im the worst maid if honor ever" Callie says. I look at her funny "im gonna go to the hospital" Callie says, "no ill go" I try. "no im the general surgeon maybe I can tag her out of surgery" Meredith says handing mr her flowers "put these in water till I get back" she says leaving. 

I walk away going to find water or whatever. I do so then I grab a plate and head to the buffet I pick out some food and sit down at a table. I was joined by April and Jackson and Alex. "this sucks" Alex said. "I dont know this food is pretty great" I say with my mouth full. he laughs at me. "how is the whole date thing going?" I ask them after ive swallowed my food. "great" Jackson says looking at April "yea I love ripleys believe it or not" she says, I look at her funny "you dont want to know" Jackson says. "how's you guys date?" Jackson ask. I look at him. "date?" I ask "hes obviously here with jo" I laugh taking another bite of food. Alex glares at me. "your just jealous that you cant have any of this" he says I look at him and choke on my drink. I see jo glaring at us from the corner of my eye. I flip her off. 

our pagers went off. I look at them as we get up "big trauma you guys coming" Jackson ask Stephanie and jo and Shane. jo gets up. "im coming" I laugh standing "nope, you dont get to practice medicine with booze in your system" Alex says. "hey thats not fair" I whine. "I dont care" he says, I sit down at the bar I walk as they walk off. Alex sits down beside me "beer for me and another round for this lovely hobo right here" he says. I hit him playfully and he laughs 

we talk and Alex makes fun of me. "you need to stop acting like your the only one that grew up in a sucky house" he says taking a sip of his beer. "stop making fun of me" I say. "I went to juvie after being kicked out of 17 foster homes." "did you ever live with just your siblings with no power and you slept on the floor and peed in buckets" I say my voice shakey as if I was about to cry. "no never" he sounded sad. "me either. I saw it on cable once" I laugh. he laughs at me "I hate you. you know that I hate you y/n l/n" he laughs at me. "wait you had cable?" he ask. I shoot him a glare "I dont live there anymore asshole. I have a life you know and we have a tv. jerk" I laugh taking another sip of my drink 

-

I had my head down crying as everyone gathered around "hey y/n I didnt mean it. your not. a garbage eater" Alex said worried. I went from laughing to crying in 2 seconds. "what the hell?" he ask me. "tears baby" I laugh "you can just cry like that?" he ask "sure can" I laugh. "thats not fair. chicks can get away with stuff like that" "your wrong! a girl crying is one thing. a guy crying and everyone freaks out" I say taking another sip. "show me" he laughs 

-

we stand in the lobby yelling at each other "what did you do with the key!" he yells. "the room key?" I ask "oh come on. I gave you the room key before we left the room!" he yells in my face "no you didnt! did you?!" I yell starting to cry. "YOU DO THIS ALL THE TIME" Alex yells back "what is wrong with you!" he yells. I begin to cry more and so does Alex "Im sorry, im so sorry...I didnt mean" I say through tears. 

"whats the problem?" the guy behind the desk ask "I lost the key to our room" I cry. we walk aver to him "look its even a really Long day" Alex says crying. he ask us for our room number and gives us the key. he grabs my hand and pulls me away. he looks at me and we smile making our way to the elevator. we laugh. we enter the room I flop down on the bed and Alex jumps beside me. we lay there and stare at the ceiling 

"hey y/n? ive had a really great time with you tonight.." Alex whispers. I face him. "I did to Alex" I smile. he grabs my face and pulls me close to him crashing our lips together "y/n?" he ask. "yea Alex?' I whisper pulling away 

"...."