PART 36

I peek my head in the room and see mark laying there unconscious "how is he" I ask. Callie and Derek turn towards me. "its 7 hours till 5. we will see what happens" Derek says. "ill come back" I say and walk out. 

I go and do surgery with Meredith and then come back. I pull up a chair beside marks hospital bed "I thought that just as long as we could get you back you'd be ok" I say starting to cry. "you always told me that Alex and I would get together and get married and you always said you wanted to be the one to walk me down the isle" I say grabbing his hand. "come on mark just wake up" I cry. "were finally together and now your leaving" I say crying

I look up at the clock as it strikes 5. Derek and Callie walk in Alex stands in the doorway. I get up and walk over to him. he grabs my hand and we walk over to the chairs and sit down with Jackson. he hold my hand as we watch dr. webber unplug mark...I squeeze Alex hand as he rubs my hand with his thumb "its ok" he whispers and kisses my temple. 

I watch as the monitor flatlines...

"can we go home?" I ask Alex. he looks at me and nods. Jackson watches as we get up "where you going?" he ask. "home" Alex says. as we walk to the elevator and pressed the button. we went and picked up the twins from daycare and went home. 

we get out and walk in. i put the twins down on the floor and I walk into the kitchen. "what do you want to eat" I ask Alex  as I look through the cabinets. he comes up and wraps his arms around my waist hugging me from behind. I smile.  "you cooking?" he ask kissing my cheek "yea, you want spaghetti?" I ask. he nods and lets go of my waist. I see him walk out of the kitchen and then hear giggling. I smile to myself as I cook. 

I set the table "babe? foods done" I yell a little. he comes in with the twins in his arms he puts them in the highchairs and sits down. he takes a bite and looks at me smiling "its really good" he says with spaghetti sauce all over his mouth. I laugh. "thank you" I smile. we eat.

the twins had spaghetti sauce all over them "all done" everleigh said I smile at her. ryker threw a noodle at everleigh and she laughed. there laughs make my heart melt. I see Alex smiling at them and the front door opens I look and see Derek come in. "you made spaghetti?" he asked walking in the kitchen. "I did" I laugh. I wash the dishes and then grab the twins I take them to the bathroom and gave them a bath. I put pajamas on them. I open the door and they run out the bathroom to the bedroom. I hear them scream and then giggle. I saw Alex jump out and scare them. i laugh as they run back to me and wrap around my leg.  I was in the hallway and Jackson comes up and grabs Ryker he giggles as Jackson hugs him "what you doin buddy" he ask.  Ryker gives him a high-five and then Jackson puts him back on the ground. I walk into the bedroom I change into pajamas and then Alex comes In with everleigh in his arms. he places her on the bed and she crawls up to me and lays on my chest. Alex takes his shirt off and lays down beside me. he scoots close to me. he snuggles his head into my neck. everleigh sits up and smacks him in the head. he looks at her. "what was that for" he laughs. I laugh and everleigh giggles. she kisses Alex cheek "im sorry" she says  "thats not very nice everleigh" I say trying not to laugh. 

we lay there and watch a movie and I see Alex and everleigh asleep. I quietly get out of the bed and walk downstairs 

I walk into the kitchen and see Meredith leaning against the doorframe into the kitchen I walk up to her "hey" I whisper. she jumps. she laughs "hey" she says, I look in the kitchen and see Ryker and Zola sitting there eating cereal with Derek "what are they doing" I laugh "Dereks talking about mark" she says "how is he" I ask. "I dont know y/n. its gonna take some Time but it looks like there enjoying there cereal though" she laughs "everleigh smacked Alex" I whisper. she laughs "Meredith Im in love with Alex Karev" I say.  she looks at me "I know its pretty obvious and how he is with the twins and the way he looks at you" she says looking at me. "how are you mere?" I ask. "im ok. but how ok can I really be when my sister died and now mark" she says. "its getting late I think I should get Ryker" I say. about to walk into the kitchen. "no. just let them be for a little bit longer. ill make sure he gets to bed" Meredith says grabbing my arm "better not be to late" I laugh. "it wont" she says as I walk back up the stairs. I go back into the bedroom to see everleigh on my side of the bed all sprawled out I pick her up and put her in her bed and get in bed beside Alex. he opens his eyes and pulls me close to him and kisses me he pulls the covers over us as hes still kissing me. he pulls away and lays on my chest I play with his hair as he falls back asleep. 

soon after my eyes get heavy to...

-------------------------------------

I guess its kind of a cute chapter? what do you guys think? do you hate it? what should happen next?