Hinterkaifeck

*The following is based off of the true tale of the hinterkaifeck farm with a few slight changes*

28 September, 1921

Dear diary,

  Today, our maid left. She appeared greatly distressed, and left in a fit. My father informed me that the maid had lost her mind, claiming our farm was haunted. What a load of rubbish. I'm quite relieved she is gone, I never liked her much anyway.

19 October, 1921

I have been unable to write for quite a while now, school work has kept me quite weighed down, and I have been expieriencing a lack of sleep. Sounds have been keeping my lying awake at night. A strange, creak was heard throughout the attic repeatidly last night, as well as other noises. I hope that whatever rodent infestation we have contracted will dissapear soon.

25, March, 1922

More strange accurences has occured on the farm. A newspaper appeared at the kitchen table this morning. Father claims to have no knowledge of where it came from, nor do my mother and older sister. The keys also seemed to have dissapeared. Hopefully, all will be well soon, I'm sure my father simply misplaced them. He has also announced that we will be getting a new maid soon.

30, March, 1922

Another mysterious occurence has happened. My parents have discovered a sequence of footsteps, leading straight towards our house from the forest. The tracks are well laid out in the snow, and stop in front of our house, but there is no sign of the footsteps leading back. My parents refuse to report this to the police however.

31 March, 1922

The maid has arrived today. Her name is Maria Baumgartner. She seems nice enough. I have however noticed more strange occurences since her arrival. Both my parents and my sister Viktoria have been unseen for some time now. I've noticed a strange light in the barn as well. I am standing outside the barn right now. I usually do not write while walking, but I would like to be able to describe whatever I find in there as soon as I do. I am entering now.

31 March, 1922

I have entered the barn, however I do not see anything in here. I have heard some footsteps nearby, and am going to investigate them. I have reached something, there appears to be something in this pile of hay, it looks like a leg. I just removed the hay, I am very frightened now. I need to get out here, I am running for the exit as I write this. I am almost the-

The diary entries end here. It was never written what the girl had found in the barn, however, it has been discovered. Days later, a nearby neighbor, noticing a lack of seeing the family for days, entered the barn in search of them. They would be shocked at what they found. 

Lying inside the barn, was the mutilated, chopped corpses, of the mother, father, older sister, and the young girl. The younger brother and maid, were then found in the same condition, inside the house. Police inspected the deaths, and concluded they had died on Friday, march 31. However, neighbors quickly interjected, stating that smoke had risen from the chimney over the weekend, and the animals had been fed. The commiter of the hinterkaifeck murders had remained inside the house. Furthermore, no money or valuables had been taken. And the killer was never found, creating one of histories most puzzling mysteries. The case of Hinterkaifeck remains unsolvable, to this day.