Crybaby

Ever since Scott and his brother were little, their father would tell us never to go near strange places. There was one place, however, we were to avoid at all costs which was the crybaby bridge, a bridge built during the 1900s. their father was constantly telling us stories, involving strange things happening near the bridge, and warning them to stay away. One day Scott and his brother, Jake, were curious and decided to investigate, After school, we decided to check it out with a couple of their friends. Once the group got there a thick fog consumed almost everything around us. With their sight limited, the group decided to investigate further. The bridge appeared to be quite old with visible signs of deterioration and wear, such as cracks and rust forming on its surface. Within minutes of investigating, weird sounds began to occur. Suddenly there was a loud cry coming from a child. The group ran, going further into the fog. Scott stopped once his legs burned and he couldn't run anymore. Looking around, Scott didn't see anyone. Scott frantically looked around for his brother but saw a figure of a small child coming toward him. The child, I saw, had a bloody grin stretching ear from to ear, with rotten pieces of flesh hanging off its body. Scott noticed it was somewhat lumbering instead of walking. The child looked between the ages of 7 and 8. As it got closer Scott heard a crying sound emitting from its mouth which got louder and louder, until he heard nothing but silence.

..... Two days later

A boy, his brother, and their friends were reported missing 2 days ago. They were last seen leaving their school and heading toward the crybaby bridge but never came home. The parents of the children began to worry and reported them missing. Strange cries, as usual, could still be heard when detectives investigated the scene and searched for the missing children. In the end, they could never find the boys and the legend of the crybaby bridge still remains a mystery, to all who inquire about it.