Leilonnie

"Cory, may I pet your hair?" said Leilonnie, Cory's least favorite girl. She was always asking him if she could pet his hair. School had been out for about 5 minutes, and all the 7th grade kids were lined up outside the school, waiting for the bus. He didn't know why, though he thought it was probably because she was a creepy stalker. Leilonnie was Cory's least favorite part of coming to school. He hated her even more than he hated math class, which was saying something. Sometimes at night, he dreamed about her face, those bulging blue eyes and stringy hair that she had died bright blue, grinning eerily down at him. It sent shivers down his spine. Also, he could just feel her hand crawling up the back of his neck...

But it was too late. Leilonnie had already put her hand on Cory's head and was stroking his hair like you would with a cute little dog, not a person. "Stop!" said Cory, attempting to slap her hand away though missing and slapping himself in the head. He whirled around to face Leilonnie, who had surreptitiously pulled her hand away. "What?" she said, giving him her "Sweet and Innocent" look that didn't fool Cory for a micro-second. "Forget it," he growled, pushing her out of the way to get to his best friend, Louis. "I can't believe her," Cory whispered into Louis's ear. "You should," said Louis. "Nothing's going to change Leilonnie and her psychopathic brain. You'd be best if you learned to live with it."

 That night, as Cory was brushing his teeth, he thought a lot about what Louis had said. Nothing's going to change Leilonnie and her psychopathic brain. Louis was right. Leilonnie was who she was, and who she was was crazy. But as Cory stared into the mirror, looking hard at his shiny brown eyes and gleaming black hair, he couldn't stop thinking about Leilonnie. He turned around to stare at the clock hanging on the wall of his bathroom. For a moment, he didn't register what it was, or what it was doing hanging on his wall because his brain was so full of thoughts. Finally, he turned back around to look in the mirror, and screamed when he did, because he didn't see himself. Well, he did, he just wasn't alone. In the mirror, Cory saw himself staring back at him with a look of utter terror in his eyes, and right beside him stood Leilonnie, grinning creepily, petting his hair.

A/N: This one's weird, too. More of a joke than scary, sorry about that.