Take my place

Sally loved dolls, she collected dolls whenever she could, it didn't matter what they looked like. Even the ugliest dolls were welcome in her room. However, though Sally loved even the ugliest of dolls, she went crazy for those really lifelike dolls with the glass eyes that look real. She loved dolls, but hardly got them, her parents couldn't afford to buy her dolls very often. But she never stopped collecting, until her 9th birthday...

"OOOHHH, ITS SO PRETTY!" Sally squealed when she lifted the doll out of the bright red box. "Isn't it, your father and I have been saving to get you that doll, it was really expensive. " Her mother informed her. "Thank you so much, you guys are the best!" Sally cheered. She embraced the doll in a hug and raced to her room. She threw open the door and dashed inside. "Guys, this is your new friend Lisa" She announced, reading the dolls name off of the name tag. She set Lisa in a chair and one by one introduced her to every one of her dolls. She never noticed Lisa give a sinister smile.

"Sally, dinner" called her father from the kitchen, Sally reluctantly left her room, and descended down the stairs, only to return to a horrible sight.

When she entered her room again Sally almost fainted. She quickly caught herself from falling, and stared in horror at the room. Doll parts were scattered everywhere, forming a circle, in the center, sat Lisa. Sally screamed, her parents came rushing in, and yelled at her for destroying her dolls, before she could explain they sent her to bed.

That night, Sally wake the faint sound of footsteps, quiet ones. She threw the covers over her head and didn't move. Moments later the covers were thrown off. Sally stared up at Lisa, she now had a sinister snarl instead of her happy smile. Sally tried to scream but no sound came out, then the doll spoke. "I have served my time, now you will take my place." Finally, Sally let out a scream, but it was too late...

"OHHH Daddy, can I get that one? Please?" The little girl begged. "Oh, fine. If you have to have it" replied her father. The girl grabbed the doll and checked the name tag. "I like her name, Sally"