Where's Tommy?

On a dark night, three brothers were playing hide and seek outside while their parents were away. There names were Dave, Andre, and Tommy. They lived on a culdesac, and their parents left their car outside their house.

During round three, Dave and Tommy were hiding while Andre went inside, counted to 30, and then looked for them. Tommy thought that their car, the inside dark while it was parked, would be a good place to hide. He quickly checked to see that Andre wasn't coming yet, and then opened the back door and slid into the cool leather seat. At first he was relaxed, but that changed in an instant.

"Found you!" said Andre, his voice full of excitement, as he spotted Dave crouching behind a bush in their front yard. Dave grinned and stood up. "So," said Andre, as he and Dave started slowly walking toward the street. "Where's Tommy?"

Dave shrugged, and said, "I dunno,"

Andre narrowed his eyes and stopped walking. "You do so," he said. "You tipped Tommy off last round on where I was, you big cheater."

"I swear, I don't have any idea where he-" Dave stopped cold, transfixed in fear. He knew that he would soon be knocking on Death's door, along with Andre and Tommy.

"What?" said Andre, trying not to show that his heart had started beating at a mile a minute, though he was sure that Dave could hear it.

Dave pointed a trembling finger at the car parked in front of their house. Andre couldn't understand why Dave was so scared; it was just their car, the car that they had had for 5 years and had never caused any trouble. Dave helped him understand exactly why he was so scared by saying 5 simple words, and Andre became just as scared as he was. "Why is the light on?" Dave asked in a trembling voice.

Indeed, the light inside the car, though it had been off merely moments ago, was on.

"I bet Tommy's in there," said Andre. He knocked on the front window of the car and said, "Tommy, are you in there?" There was no reply.

"If Tommy's not in there, then why is the light on?" said Dave, who had gone rigid from fear. "And where is Tommy?"

"Why don't we look in the car?" asked Andre, and even though Dave thought that it was a horrible idea, he agreed to search the car.

With rigid fingers, Andre pulled open the front door of the car. There, draped across the two front seats like a blanket, was the dead body of Tommy. Andre screamed, louder than he had ever screamed in his life. Dave looked over Andre's shoulder, and once he saw Tommy, he started to scream too, creating a chorus of high-pitched sounds that signified the fear that was clutching Andre and Dave's insides. That's when, completely out of the blue, a menacing laugh rung out. It came from the back seat. 

And when Andre and Dave whipped their heads around to see who had laughed, they saw a hooded figure, brandishing a huge knife. 

(A/N) My cousins and I actually played hide and seek in the dark at our grandparent's house, so that's where I got the idea for this story. Luckily, when we were playing, no one got murdered. The murder was just something good to add, as this is a horror story.