14

I walked into the football pitch and saw Ava cheering with the cheerleaders, I'll never forget how amazing she looked.

I like her but Olivia says that she doesn't want me around anyone but her, so she said girls like Ava are off the list.

I walked up to the coach and the football team, "sir I'd like to try out" I said.

"You'd like to try out?" He repeated, some of the boys on the football team laughed, they were the ones that bullied me.

They used to bully me all the time and I'd come home with bruises, they were my sisters friends. But i don't think she ever knew what they did to me.

"Yes I'd like to try out" I said.

"Okay sure you can try out" he laughed, "put the gear on and let's see if you can handle Hakeem's throw" he said pointing to the football gear.

I put it on and I saw Hakeem run back with the football, it sucks how people judge me by what I do.

I'm a nerd, yes but if I wanted to which i don't but if I wanted to I could be like my grandfather, playing with guns and selling drugs, I could even join a stupid gang if I wanted but I don't.

Hakeem threw the ball towards me, I ran back and caught it and I saw the guys chasing me, I ran with the back to the white line and someone tackled me.

Some guy got off me and held his hand out, "sorry buddy" he laughed, "I'm Justin, you are?" He said.

"I'm Zane" I said getting up.

"I'm sorry about them, they're dicks" he said smirking.

"Yeah I know they are" I said.

I continued to play football with them and after we finished we went to the locker room, I got Justin's number as he said we could practice together.

"You're better than I thought Richardson, here's your locker key" he said handing me a key.

"Thanks coach" I said.

"Tomorrow at six am be here for practice" he said.

"Yes coach" I said taking off my stuff, He left and I took off my gear and put it in my school bag, I took out my hoodie and put it on.

After changing I walked past my locker room, I saw Hakeem and his friends follow after me and he pushed me into a locker.

"Thanks coach" he said in a high pitched voice, I think he was trying to mimic me even though that's not what I sounded like.

"You think you can just join our team and we'll forget who you really are" he said in my face, I could see the sweat dripping down his forehead from practice.

"Yeah" I said.

"Give me a good word with your sister" he said.

I spat in his face and he punched me in my face and I held my eye, he threw me to the floor and I felt someone kick me in my stomach.

As much as I was scared of him I hated when anyone talked about my sister like that.

I curled up into a ball and felt kicks to my back. I stated coughing and I saw Hakeem kneel down to my level.

"Do that again and I'll make sure your sister has a great time" he said pulling at my ear, I groaned and he slammed my head to the floor.

I laid there in pain and I heard someone running towards me, I rolled over onto my back and saw Zack.

"They're assholes Zane I'm sorry about th-"

"Dont talk to me you're dating my sister that's it, it doesn't make us family okay" I said getting up.

"Make us family?" He said pushing me, "you got your girlfriend pregnant shouldn't you be worrying about that" he said.

"What" I said confused.

"You know what you did Zane, you knocked up Olivia" he said angrily.

"I didn't do that" I said shaking my head.

"She's pregnant you idiot, why isn't it clicking" he said pushing me against the locker.

I pushed him back and he backed up, "own up to it" he said walking away.

I gulped and walked away, I walked school and saw girls talking near the bathroom.

"Excuse me have you seen Olivia Flyn?" I asked.

They looked at each other and opened the bathroom door, I looked at them and they pushing me into the bathroom.

"Liv?" I said loud enough for whoever to hear me in the bathroom.

I heard crying and I heard the bathroom stall open, I looked at Olivia who was crying.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't tell you" she said.

"It's okay" I said leaning against the wall.

We talked about what's was going on and I went home after being with Olivia for an hour, when I walked inside I saw my parents talking but they stopped when they saw me.

I lifted up my hood and my mother pointed to the couch, I sat on the couch and my mother and father sat in the right side of me.

"Zane why didn't you say that you were sexually active" my mother said.

I groaned and laid back on the couch, "Zane sit up" my father said.

I sighed and sat up, "because I don't really want to tell my parents that I'm having sex" I said.

"Take your hood down Zane" my father said smiling, I shook my head and felt Jayda pull it down.

"Wow that's a fat hickey" she said pointing to the hickey on my neck.

"Fuck off J" I said putting my hood up.

"We know about Olivia" my mom said.

"Yeah clearly" I said crossing my arms.

"Why didn't you use protection?" My dad asked.

"I did every time" I said running my hands through my hair.

"HA I told you she was a lying bitch" Jayda said to our parents.

"I don't know maybe the condom broke" I said shrugging.

My dad cleared his throat and shook his head, "Zane you would have felt it if it broke so that's not the case" he said.

"What's her last name?" My mother asked.

"Olivia Flyn" I said.

"She's a lying manipulative, hooker" my sister said.

"So she's not pregnant" I said.

"No of course not" my father said.

"Thank fuck" I said sighing of relief.

"I was actually excited about being an aunt" my sister said.

"Look at his eye" my mother said.

My father looked at me and started scanning my face with his eyes.

"What?" I said.

"Is someone beating you up?" He asked.

"No" I said quickly.