53

"So you're telling me that you've never gotten head like ever" I said laying down on my bed.

"Yes but stop it's embarrassing" she laughed.

"It's not...that embarrassing" I said smiling.

"shut up" she laughed.

"You wanna try?" I smirked.

"No" she laughed, "maybe when we're both drunk but I see us as best friends not a couple, not after what you told me about your ex" she said laying her head on my thigh.

"Yeah she's beautiful but she said that we should just move on as we don't love each other like that anymore" I said putting my hands behind my head.

"One of you at least still had feelings" she said.

"Nah I don't think so" I shrugged.

"Oh come on Zane, you literally slept with her this morning" she said looking at me.

"Doesn't mean we like each other still" I whispered.

"It definitely does, either she wanted you or you really wanted her" she smiled.

I moved her head and got on top of her, our faces were inches apart, "Okay drop it...let's talk about your past" I said smirking at her.

"Oh i don't really want to0" she whispered.

"I won't judge you, I promise" I whispered.

"Okay I had this boyfriend, Charlie, we dated for about two years and one day he raped me....in my own bedroom" she said slowly.

"Lani I'm sorry" I whispered.

"No it's fine" she said wiping her tears, "I was about fourteen at the time and the whole time I thought it was my fault" she whispered.

I kissed her and she kissed back, I realized what I was doing and quickly pulled away and laid back on my bed.

"I'm sorry that was my fault" I whispered.

"It's fine" she whispered.

"Did he hurt you?" I asked.

"Not physically but mentally" she said.

I um- I have football practice, you can come see it if you want...unless you have something to do" I said rolling off her.

"Yeah sure, I'd be happy to come with you" she smiled.

"Oh okay how's your family life going?" I asked her.

"Honestly, I barely know you but I feel like I can trusts you..my family is pretty you know high class and they act like everything in their world is perfect" she said fixing her shirt.

"Oh yeah I understand" I smiled.

"But sometimes I wish I listened to them" she said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well they never used to let me out at night time and you know, the night I snuck out my ex boyfriends raped me" she whispered.

"Oh wow, I'm really sorry" I said looking at her, she looked at me and I looked down at her lips.

"We should get going" she smiled.

-

We arrived at practice and I saw Hakeem playing with the other guys.

"Richardson you're late" coach said angrily.

"Sorry sir" I said putting my helmet on.

"Get into your position, Hakeem throw the ball far" he said shouting.

I got into position and heard coach's whistle blow, I ran forward and saw Hakeem throw the ball to Jack, I ran in front of him and caught it and ran down the line.

I felt Hakeem following behind me and I ran faster, I could feel his presence behind me. I ran faster and ran over the line.

I threw the ball on the floor and heard Hakeem swear, "fuck you man"Hakeem said pushing me.

I could feel the anger building up inside me, I looked over at my sister and saw her practicing with the girls.

"Are you fucking listening Richardson" He said pushing my chest.

"What Hakeem?" I said getting angry, I clenched my jaw and saw Sophia walking up to me.

"You don't fucking run alone, we have players for a reason" he said angrily.

I clenched my fist and felt Sophia's grip on me, "Zane" she said pulling me to the side.

"What Sophia?" I said angrily.

"Do not hit him, it's not worth it....he's not worth it" she said cupping my cheeks.

"Yeah listen to your fucking girl" Hakeem said smirking.

I looked at him and felt her pull my face to hers, "don't" she whispered and kissed me.

I kissed her back and heard coach's whistle blow, she pulled away and looked into my eyes, "we can talk about it later" she said running back to my sister. I bit my lip and saw Hakeem smirking.

Does she still love me?

I shook off the thought and saw Hakeem's lips moving, I punched him in his jaw and saw him fall to the floor.

I heard coaches whistle blowing and I continued to punch Hakeem.

"Zane get off him" I heard Justin shout.

"Zane" I heard coach shout.

I continued to punch him until I felt a strong grip on my shoulder, I hit whoever was holding me back and I saw Jack Salk to the floor.

I kicked Hakeem in his stomach and saw him groan in pain, "I'm going to fuck you up" he said holding his stomach.

"Zane take your kit off, off the pitch" coach said.

"Whatever" I said taking my helmet off, I felt the sweat dripping down my forehead and I wiped it away.

I was so angry that I was thinking about the consequences, I need to go see my sponsor again. If I don't I could be at risk for relapsing.

I walked up to my sister and saw the girls throwing Jayda in the air, she jumped down slowly and stood in front of me. I looked at Sophia and saw her looking down.

"We aren't a thing Sophia, don't fucking kiss me just because you want to mess with my head" I said angrily, I walked to my car and saw Kaylani laying back on the seat.

"Hey" she smiled.

"Hi" I mumbled.

I got in my car and threw my helmet in the backseat. I started the car and saw Sophia talking to my sister. I drove Kaylani home and sat in my car for a while.

I drove home and saw my parents talking, "my anger issues are ruining my life, I need to go see my sponsor I'm at a high risk of using again" I said pouring myself a glass of water.

"What do you mean, are you okay?" My mom asked.

"Am I okay...am I fucking okay?" I said slamming my fist on the table.

"Zane cal-"

"Of course I'm not fucking okay, I just beat up the guy who used to bully me and I'm definitely going to get f-"

"Bullied, who bullied you?" My father asked.

-

How do you think Zane's parents feel about finding out about Zane's bully, did Hakeem deserve what he got?

Was Zane to harsh in Sophia?