𝟎𝟑

✾ϟ

-漫~*'¨¯¨'*·舞~ . ~舞*'¨¯¨'*·~漫-

"Oh? Didn't think I'd see you here" The harbinger turned around, dismissing his hydro blades. "..(Y/N)," He called.

"What are you doing here, Childe?" I glared at him, summoning my sword again.

"Yeah! What are you up to this time? You Snezhnayan terrorist!" Paimon spat out, crossing her arms grumpily, making me look at her and question her way of words.

'When the hell did Paimon-'

"Woah, calm down! Even though I'm kinda hurt by that, I'm not here for any trouble. In fact, shouldn't you be thanking me for literally saving you just now?" Childe raised his hands in surrender, peering at the sharp part of my sword pointed towards him. I didn't even need his help, I could take them on my own.

A few moments of silence passed by before I finally retreated my sword, assuming that he meant his words. "Shouldn't you be getting stronger to duel me again?" I sneered at him.

He chuckled slightly, almost seemed like faking it. "Those words really cut deep, (Y/N)" He faked a smile, putting a hand on his hip. "But I am training to get stronger and I'm just here for some business in the harbor!" 

'The Northerland bank?'

I do hope he doesn't cause any more commotion though but I'll trust him just this once. But now that the Liyue people and the Qixing are recovering from what happened, I can't just let my guard down.

"Anyway, may I treat you to lunch today?" He casually asked and walked towards us, as if he didn't try to kill me in the past.

"EH?!" Paimon gasped, eyes widening at Childe then looking at me back and forth, "Was Childe this nice to us, (Y/N)?!"

'I mean, he is rich as hell so...'

"Wait," Paimon stopped her babbling and turned to Childe, "What if this is another trap, huh? You're gonna lure us and poison us or something so you could destr-"

"I would never do that, not anymore, or maybe... not this time?" He cut her off, waving his hand in disagreement.

Well, Paimon could be right, he's still suspicious. He's a fatui harbinger, after all, they're after the gnosis of the archons, plus the Tsarista may be after something else other than the gnosis. 

But for now, my gut feeling says that he's not here for any of that.

"Paimon, we should trust him for once" I scolded Paimon, raising my hand. "And Childe, what do you mean by not this time?" I raised an eyebrow at him, still feeling doubtful of him.

He flinched, eyes widened like he accidentally told us something that wasn't meant to be said. "U-Um... I promised to someone that I won't be doing anything unwholesome to Liyue anymore... for now..?" He sighed in defeat, putting his hands on his waist.

'Someone...? Could it be Zhongli?'

"And? Who's that someone?" Paimon asked.