𝟎𝟗

✾ϟ

-漫~*'¨¯¨'*·舞~ . ~舞*'¨¯¨'*·~漫-

"(Y/N)-san, you must rest, I apologize for arriving late."

My head shot up at Ayaka, who was holding a wagasa and blocked the sun in front of us. She had a worried look on her face since I looked... well, almost dead? The sun was getting so much to me so I'm definitely near death.

"Oi (Y/N)! He said we're don- Oh, Ayaka!" Paimon went to us, beaming. She gaped when she saw Ayaka, who just smiled at her. 

"Yeah, we're done here." I announced as Ayaka offered to wipe my sweat away with a towel.

We were just doing a favor for Xavier by destroying the the barrier surrounding half of the island, I got ambushed by the fatui so it was such a challenge to me, and the weather was hot so it was a struggle. But I kicked their asses, in the end, we finished it successfully.

I'm gonna need a shit ton of rest after this. 

"I'll take you both back and treat your wounds, (Y/N). I told Thoma to prepare some food." Ayaka smiled at us before turning away, I just gave her a nod in return.

"PAIMON CRAVES FOR DANGO!" Paimon cheered as she danced a little, closing her eyes in happiness. 

Then we were off back to Ayaka's estate, that was where I stay at temporarily since some rooms were vacant and most of the people there were busy so Ayaka let me stay there. The teahouse was getting crowded with customers so Thoma suggested for me to stay at the estate. 

Just like in Liyue, there were helpers tending to me at times, mostly because I'm always injured and they have to bring me food. But sometimes they would want to help me take a bath, but I didn't let them since I have a lot of scars around my body. I think that's my insecurity.

Everyday I would get a new one though, so I fear that someone might see them and get all worried. I don't like worrying anyone around me, I was always like that. I tend to keep everything to myself, but I have Paimon. She knows me a lot and she can read me like a book, she can know if I'm down.

We finally reached the estate and as expected, the helpers hurriedly stopped what they're doing to run to me, I stumbled as they all gathered around me with worried faces. "Ms. (Y/N) is injured again!" One of them said as they held my arms gently, eyeing the slit wounds. They stung a bit, but I'm quite used to it already.

"Bring her inside!" The head helper of the estate commanded as they brought me in, Ayaka was talking to a member of the Yashiro commission so she let us be.

It was just a few scratches but they brought the whole gang, they treated me like a precious treasure. Soon, they brought my food in since Thoma wasn't around. They said he was serving customers at the teahouse.

"Please be careful next time, Ms. (Y/N). Some of your scars are lingering," The woman, wrapping the bandage around my arm, stated. I was trying to be careful earlier but those damn skirmishers were pretty strong. There's a lot of fatui around here recently and I'm not liking it.

"I'm sorry, I'll be careful." I replied, chuckling softly to lighten up the mood since they were all just staring intently.

"Don't apologize! We're just here for you." The old woman said beside her, who looks like she's in her fifties. They all just laughed together and began serving the food on the table in front of me.

"(Y/N)'s strong! And I'll always be there to protect her so don't worry!" Paimon held her chin up proudly and placed her hand on her chest like a dedicated soldier. Cute.