𝟐𝟗

✾ϟ

-漫~*'¨¯¨'*·舞~ . ~舞*'¨¯¨'*·~漫-

I still fucking went to Fontaine with that son of a bitch.

My vision was instantly blinded by the bright light coming from the venue as I stepped out of the carriage. To be honest, I've never spent much time in Fontaine. Mostly because I have absolutely no reason to be here. I came here once and left after a minute or so, but that will probably change now.

The smell of polluted smoke hit my nostrils so my hand immediately went to my nose, I noticed a clusterfuck of whatever the hell is even going on in front of the theater building. I couldn't help but feel languid at the sight of crowded people talking and laughing. I really shouldn't have come here.

"Thank the Archons I did not fucking throw up on this suit. It's still new and clean," I heard Dottore groan, following behind me. "Hey Balladeer, I still look good, right? I can't look bad for the women later." He placed his hand on my shoulder.

I could almost feel him smirking at me, but I didn't turn around. I just looked up at the theater building where all the bright lights were coming from. I wasn't expecting it to be so large. I haven't been here before, and I haven't had a proper conversation with Capitano. 

Though it seems like this place is always packed with guests from other regions so it must be famous and earning well.

More were arriving in fancy gowns and suits when I looked to my side. That explains why Dottore insisted on forcing me to dress in a suit. At the very least, it's comfy to wear, though I feel a little self-conscious without my hat.

"Let's go find the others inside," Dottore says, walking ahead of me before I followed him.

With so many people here, a major event must be taking place. I'm beginning to feel like coming here was a mistake.

When we went inside, I was a bit astonished at how much bigger the interior was than I thought. There were several seats surrounding a large stage with enough room for almost a hundred people to perform.

A group entered and passed by us in fancy clothing too, blabbering about the show but I paid no attention. I overheard some of them talking about the event dedicated to a particular harbinger while Dottore looks around, standing confidently as people walk in. Something tells me he's trying to get people to notice him, but it's not working. He just looks fucking stupid. 

"Ah, there they are," We stopped when a tall figure and a familiar white-haired colleague approaches us. "How're my two least favorite colleagues doing?" He chuckled, clasping his hands.

Their eyes immediately darted to me and it seems they didn't notice Dottore. He started waving his hand in front of them but they paid no attention to him and just stepped toward me. My eyebrows furrowed when a small smile formed on their lips.

"Balladeer," Capitano held his hand out as we shook hands. "It's been a while, big emphasis on that, isn't that right?" He glanced down at Arlecchino beside him.

"I agree, we haven't seen you in almost forever." I also shook hands with her. "It's good to see you're doing well, Scaramouche," she laughed a bit.

"Yes, yes, of course." I rolled my eyes.

"Hello? Guys..?"

"We have much to talk about," Capitano gave me a smile. "I'm glad you're taking care of yourself as well. We were quite worried about you since you never wrote to us," He crossed his arms.