𝟏𝟏

✾ϟ

-漫~*'¨¯¨'*·舞~ . ~舞*'¨¯¨'*·~漫-

"YaAa!"

I moved my sword swiftly and sliced the hilichurls in halves, as they fell to the ground unconscious.

This was my work for today, just kill a bunch of threats invading the areas of Narukami. I've already done a lot of favor from the people around here, and today... well, I don't have that much to do anymore.

"Phew! Those were the last ones," Paimon sighed and placed her hands on her hips. "Now that we're done, we have the rest of the week without duty!" She beamed at me but I just shrugged.

I didn't want to rest though, I feel like I want some distraction to keep myself busy.

It was still early in the morning so we decided to go to the city to eat breakfast, we went to Uyuu restaurant where Scaramouche treated me.

Speaking of him, I haven't seen him for quite a while..? Childe always says he's busy though, is he behind the sudden hoard of threats around the city?

But anyway, it's been a month since I last saw him. Why do I feel like I want to see him? Maybe I do.

"Ah, good morning Ms. (Y/N)! You're here again, the usual?" The chef asked as he walked toward us with a smile.

"Yes, the usual. Good day to you," I smiled back at him.

"You've been ordering the same thing, (Y/N)! Don't you want to try their delicious sushi?" Paimon raised a brow at me, making my mouth part slightly.

"I don't know honestly, I just really like their Tonkotsu ramen" I replied hesitantly.

The taste of it feels like home.

We sat on our table and our order got served immediately since they didn't have that many customers in the morning.

Paimon was already devouring the whole sushi and dumplings, but I don't feel hungry at all. I just looked down at my ramen and stirred around the soup with my chopsticks.

"You look... down..? Lately, what's wrong, (Y/N)?" She questioned, making me stop and face her properly.

"I'm fine, I'm just thinking about a lot of things." I forced a chuckle.

"Hmmm, you should tell me. Paimon will help!" She nodded and saluted. I laughed at her action.

"You know that feeling of... being lost?" I began as she nodded slightly, "and maybe missing... someone?" I questioned.

Her head tilted and raised her eyebrow at me, "What are you-"

"Comrade?! And Spymon?"

"It's Paimon!" She yelled out as the ginger laughed hysterically.

"What are you doing here?" I looked up at him, he was wearing his usual attire and he was carrying two plastic bags.

"Had my daily run this mornin', oh! I saw these purple... uhh, purple fruits? I thought they were soap at first, I don't know but they taste so good, here!" He scratched his head, rummaging through the bag and giving one to me.