𝟐𝟕

✾ϟ

-漫~*'¨¯¨'*·舞~ . ~舞*'¨¯¨'*·~漫-

My eyes glistened as I looked back in front of me to stare the door of where I always come home to. I almost felt sick to my stomach.

I was feeling too much emotions right now and I was still hesitant to go in, but I wanted to at least see him.

I took a deep breath before walking in, the sweet smell of food instantly came into my nose, so I'm guessing he's in the kitchen.

My breathing felt heavy as I walked down the hallway steadily, remembering the time when I chased him down here.

When I reached the kitchen, he was there.

His head automatically turned my way when he noticed me. "Oh, you're back already?" He asked and dropped the bread knife he was holding.

He looked tired and sleepy earlier but now his face brightened when he walked towards me.

There were different kinds of food on the table, they were still steaming hot. I also noticed a bouquet of flowers placed on one of the chairs, they look fresh and it seems he prepared them for me.

I didn't know how to react once I saw what he's been preparing so I just stared blankly.

"I bought food for us... And before you assume the worst," He cleared his throat. "I didn't cook them and the kitchen is all fine, I didn't burn anything this time. Everything was bought from the city, of course." He showed me his palms, letting out a prideful grin.

I bit my inner cheek to compose myself and just gave him a forced smile. He didn't have to do all of this and it's making me feel worse. Is he really genuine about all the things he's doing?

"I missed you, though you came back pretty early." He gave me a hug, resting his chin on my shoulder. "Let's have lunch together, hm? Wait, did you even eat breakfast?"

My heart began aching as I didn't hug back and just looked downwards, afraid that I might show my pent up emotions.

He released from the hug and held my shoulders so he could see me clearly. "What's with the long face?" He slowly brought his hand close to me and brushed away the hair covering my face.

"Did you run here? You look tired," He remarked, scanning me up and down.

I bit harder to suppress my emotions and just nodded in response, my breathing became more hefty every second and my head was starting to become blurry since I was too overwhelmed with different emotions. I couldn't form a word or even talk.

"You should rest," His grip went down to my hand and pulled me with him to a nearby chair.

My eyes remained half-lidded as I sat down with a blank face while he took a seat beside me. "Childe went here this morning, that ginger shit was looking for you." He said, placing a plate in front of me.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and allowed him to put food on my plate, watching him with a frown slowly forming on my face. I was holding back so much from lashing out because I still want to have an ounce to trust him, even after finding out he's using me.

"For a split second, I was going to punch the shit out of him back to Snezhnaya." He scoffed. "My neck pain came back when I woke up and Khail was fucking there. I almost killed him." He rolled his eyes and clicked his tongue, setting his plate in front of him too.

I huffed through my nose and blinked at him, still not knowing what to say or respond.

"Anyway, Khail helped me arrange these. He bought three of these mushroom pizzas because I said so, but it was a fucking joke." He explained with a chuckle.