𝟐𝟖

✾ϟ

-漫~*'¨¯¨'*·舞~ . ~舞*'¨¯¨'*·~漫-

"Welcome back, Lord Scaramouche."

My assistant bowed a little when he saw me step into my office. It didn't feel new at all being in here again. Nothing much changed since my last eight years of doing completely nothing.

I let out a heavy sigh, looking around to let it all sink in again. I began to think of the things I should start working with now that I've decided to come back. Now was the perfect time to do it and I should take that opportunity.

I nodded at my assistant and went towards my desk, staring down at it intently.

"Hallelujah!" The blue-haired idiot came in, laughing like a psycho. "Woah, I'm surprised it doesn't smell like rotting shit in here." He eyed the floor and ceiling, putting his hands on his hip.

I almost forgot he came along with me back here in Inazuma after that stupid meet-up arranged in Liyue because of Childe. Dottore said he wanted to stay here for a bit, so I let him. Pierro had already returned to Snezhnaya after that. I didn't feel like talking so I just flipped him off before going around my desk to sit down.

He only laughed and pulled a chair to sit in front of me, "Why aren't you talking? Come on, Balladeer, I haven't seen you for ages." He chuckled.

"You visited here last year, you dumbass." I rolled my eyes as I leaned back to relax for a bit. That bumpy ship certainly made me tired.

"I know," He took his mask off and rested his arms on the armrests. "Can I get some beer? Just a small glass," He told my assistant with a toothy smile.

"Yes, Lord Dottore." He nodded and left the room.

I glanced to my side before looking back at him to start a conversation, "How're your experiments going?"

"They're mostly fine but they're still not nearly perfect," He sounded disappointed, releasing a heavy sigh. "Enough about me. What about you?" He sat up to look at me properly.

"What about me?" I raised a brow.

"You seem like you're fine now to work with us again. So, how are you feeling?" He slightly raised his eyebrows, awaiting my response.

"Fine," I shrugged and crossed my arms. "I don't really know, to be honest," I added, making him nod and purse his lips.

I couldn't say I was completely fine yet, I still felt stuck in the past. It feels as if I'm lost and I tend to long for something I once had. It's the kind of longing I've felt for far too long.

Even so, I have to understand and clearly accept the fact that she's not coming back anymore. I've decided it was finally time to move forward. It's been decades, after all.

Still, if there's a chance, I'd still try to find her or at least see her again. But it was such a long time ago so I don't want that to occupy my mind right now. The gnosis is my goal now and nothing can change that.

"Well, that's good to hear, I'm sure you'll be okay." He nodded and gave me a small smile. "But why do you still choose to settle here? Didn't you end multiple bloodlines here before? And... that Hazuno clan." I looked down when he said that.