𝟑𝟎

✾ϟ

-漫~*'¨¯¨'*·舞~ . ~舞*'¨¯¨'*·~漫-

Summer..?

I thought to myself. Although the heat that touched my skin almost made me yearn to go back to Snezhnaya, I'd much rather not share a space with that fuckwit once more. Even though the weather is not ideal, I want to spend the day wandering around. Those who claim that the weather is ideal for going outside and having fun are not really credible in my eyes. Instead of wasting time outside in such scorching heat, I'd much rather stay inside and complete most of my job.

The impulse to return home was snuffed out when I looked up and saw I was now in front of a beach despite the fact that it was incredibly humid and hot outside. I reassured myself that perhaps summer wouldn't be as unpleasant this time.

Even if the summer I had previously was... empty. There were absolutely no noteworthy events. There were no unique interactions; there was nothing. At the moment, I was only grieving for her.

I've never experienced summer in its truest sense. This summer, it may or may not change. Though I still want to anticipate something. I lowered my hat a little bit when the temperature began to rise significantly.

"Hahaha! Look what we've got here!" 

When a squad of samurai walked up to me, I rolled my eyes. They stretch out with one arm for their swords, preparing to pounce on me. How fucking rude. I'm already annoyed by the weather.

I ultimately had to deal with them. When that girl comes, they can be a bother, so I might as well do the job for her. I still have no idea if she will even show up as of right now. Who knows? I might be misled by those agents again.

I cursed to myself as I wiped the sweat that was trickling down my chin. Maybe I should have dressed appropriately for the weather, but it's too late now. And so I took a little break before continuing on my journey to the city. When I arrived at the entryway, the idiots soon recognized me. Are they completely insane? Things are already evident, and by waiting for me here, they will become even more so.

"Lord Harbinger! I knew you were coming, you are just in time." The agent and the others prostrated themselves before me.

"What?" I timidly said. "Can't you fucking see I just went through hell and back?" I was already feeling like I wanted to back and just call it a day.

"Their ship has arrived, I heard. She must be somewhere in the city right now, my lord." The other whispered to me. 

"And the shop?" I questioned while stretching my neck. I accepted the cloth that the agent standing next to me offered and cleaned the blood stains off of my arms.

We started to move through the city. I occasionally paid close attention to my surroundings in case I recognized her among the passersby. "It is doing well, my lord. You haven't visited in a while, would you like to stay and rest there?" 

"...I'll see," I continued to scan the area while crossing my arms. For some reason, I began to feel uneasy.

What if she ends up being merely a person who prevents me from obtaining the gnosis? What if, when I first met her at Liyue, I was mistaken? Where the hell is she anyway? As I thought profoundly to myself, I put my finger to my lips.

"What's going on, my Lord? Perhaps you aren't getting enough water in since the summer has just begun. Your already pale appearance seems even paler. A-Aside from that, my lord, have you had breakfast?"