Chapter 35 - Just another day

Abu Hurayra reported that the Prophet, (PBUH), said, "A man follows the religion of his close friend, so each of you should be very careful about whom he takes as a close friend." [Abu Dawud and at-Tirmidhi]

Just another day.

"Zaroon? Javeriya is getting married this saturday. Can we go please?" I ask as I fold the blanket.

"Your friend?" He asks.

"Yes!" I say with a smile.

"Ayaat, I wanted to suprise you...but we're leaving on saturday for our honeymoon" he says with a staright face.

"Our honeymoon?" I ask surprised.

I was happy to get some time alone with Zaroon but also sad that it meant I wouldn't be able to attend Javeriya's wedding.

My bestfriends wedding. How can that be possible?

Oh Allah. It'll break her heart if I dont go and I dont think Rehana would come either.

"Yeah! Im so sorry..I should have told you before I booked our tickets" He says apologitically.

"No no...its fine" I say with a smile.

"Im really sorry" He says getting up from the bed and walking towards me.

"Its okay Zaroon, I should just talk to Javeriya and Rehana once..anyway! Where are we going?" I ask.

"Who...who is Rehana?" He asks ignoring my other part of the question.

"She's also a good friend, like Javeriya is. Her mum seems to be pretty sick now" I say sadly.

"Oh! Okay!" He says a little distracted.

"Are....you okay?" I ask.

"Yep yeah! Im fine." He says faking a smile.

"Okayy. Good good. So where are we going?"I ask blushing.

"Ayaat, ok...see I dont want you to have high expectations...all the money that I had saved was used for the wedding I do not have much left, So all I could afford was Shimla" He says sadly holding my arms.

"Hey its okay. Not a problem Im fine with anything as long as its just you and me" I say and try to cheer up his mood.

Though I knew what the response at home would be.

Mum wouldn't love the fact that Zaroon was taking me to Shimla neither would dad.

They had warned me about the differance in our financial status and that I would have to compromise alot and adjust too much, but I love Zaroon and I dont think money can become a barrier between us or the differance in our lifestyles.

I surely can adjust for Zaroon if he can do so much for me.

"Okay..so dont you have to go to your mum's house today?" He asks getting back to his files.

"Yes! I do" I say and open the wardrobe to take out a dress and a matching Hijab.

Its had been 2 days since the wedding, today was the 3rd day. I was already so comfortable around Zaroon, not that my stomach had stopped getting butterflies or my heart beats were normal everytime he was around me but a different type of comfortable.

"Arn't you going to drop me there?" I ask as I change and come out of the washroom.

"You look so beautiful" He says ignoring my question.