Chapter 57 - Welcome to the world!

"If the new-born is a boy then two sheep are to be sacrificed, and if it is a girl then o­ne sheep." [ibn Majah]

"Blessed is a woman who's first child is a daughter"

"Common, Common. Lets go!" Ammi says and helps me out of the washroom.

I held my stomach, the pains were beyond what I can explain. Everybody was looking at me like I was an alien. It was getting uncomfortable but asking them to leave was rude.

"Just 2 minutes, Yusuf is removing the car from the garage" Aisha bhabhi says holding my hand tightly.

"Noo...." I take a deep breath.
"I'm not going.....without Zaroon" I began to sweat.

"Ayaat, this is no time for demands! Look at your condition. Its going to take a long time for Zaroon to come. You can meet him in the hospital" Mums says firmly.

I knew she was scared for me, I saw her panic when I was in the washroom. But she decided to stay strong for me.

"No...I'm not going without him, call him. Ask him where he is...till then somebody get my bag" I say firmly.

"Okay, okay. I'll call him Aisha bhabhi says...
"And what bag?" Ammi asks.
"Its the hospital bag..The things I'm going to need, Fiza you know where it is...just go get it and...on the side table theres a small bag....Get that too" I say clutching my stomach.

Ammi very politely apologised to the guest and requested them to go back home.

They all smiled and congratulated me in advance and I smiled back even in that pain.

But there was an old lady. I didnt remember who she was, maybe mum's friend or cousin. I really couldn't remember.

She looked at me with a genuine smile on her face and placed her hand on my head.

She said "Verily Allah is with the patient and do not lose hope in him"

I smile back, why would I lose hope in him?
He was blessing me with two beautiful babies.

She doesn't say anything more and leaves.

I take deep breaths and smile, over thirty five minutes now and Zaroon was still no where.

"Did you call him? What did he say?" I ask Aisha bhabhi.
"Ayaat! This is stupidity." Yusuf says angrily.
"How upset were you when you were not here during Aisha bhabhi's delivery?" I ask rudely and he sighs.

Why was nobody understanding I needed Zaroon there with me. I wasn't going to even take one step without him.
"I called him 15 minutes ago, he said he'd be here any minute" Yusuf says and sits beside me, he holds my hand tightly.
We were just sitting there and suddenly.

"Aaaaaaaaah!" I scream on top of my lungs.
There was a sudden scortching pain.
I screamed and screamed and everybody paniced.

"This is it. We are taking you to the hospital" Yusuf gets up and everybody helps me walk till the car.

Just as we got out of the house I see Zaroon's car coming from far away and I smile.
Even though the pain was horrible, he was going to be there with me.

Everybody see's him and stops.
He comes running to me.

"Why didn't you go to the hospital? Ayaat! What's wrong with you?" He was panting and in a hurry blabbering.

"I wasn't going to go without you" I said and he looked at me with love in his eyes.

"Okay! Okay! Common lets go now. Yusuf you drive my car" Zaroon says and he helps me till the car.