Chapter 60 - Birthday Disaster

"Every soul shall taste death (3:185)"

"Do not fear death, fear the state in you will die"

"Where ever you are death will find you, even if you are in tower's built up strong and high"

"You like it eh?" I ask when safa giggles while wearing her birthday frock.
"Yes..Baby..You look lovely" I talk to her in a babish voice.

"Yes...my baby is one year old today. One year. How did you grow up so quickly?" I tie her shoes and she was done.

I then pick up Marwah and get her dressed too.

I got them a yellow and peach coloured frock with white stockings. They looked like angels.

This was such a happy day. Everybody was invited and Zaroon went out to get the birthday cake.

After Safa and Marwah were dressed I took them down to the living room where Gazala aunty and Arzoo were decorating.

"Just look after them, I'll go get dressed" I tell Arzoo and she nods.

I leave them on the carpet with a few toys and rush back to my room and quickly get dressed.

I run downstairs to see Gazala aunty playing with Marwah, I stop on the stairs.
First time in a year I had seen her play with them so lovingly.
All the other times it was just like formality..may be she wasn't that bad after all?
Maybe she was just trying to be tough for the world but inside she wasn't like that?
I didn't know...but I didnt want to interrupt them by going there, So I just stood there peeking but my effort was useless because they were interrupted by a phone call.

I sigh and go to Marwah who was left on the couch by Gazala aunty when she went to answer her phone.

"Go get dressed I'll do the rest" I tell Arzoo.
"Are you sure?" She asks.
"Yes! Its just done anyway" I say and she leaves.

Zaroon had spoken to Amir about whether he was interested in getting married and when he said he was Zaroon told him he had a girl in mind and he would let him know in a few days about it.

Zaroon then spoke to his father and Gazala aunty about it and they pretty much approved it.

All that was left was to ask Arzoo, she was the main one who had to agree to it.

I just prayed to Allah SWT that if Amir is good for her, if he can keep her happy only then make this thing go any further.
She deserved happiness, she truly did after all she went through.

I was busy in thoughts when Fiza comes panting.

"I'm so sorry! There was so much traffic" She says breathing heavily.
"Its okay..did you get the gift?" I ask she nods and smiles.
"You didnt need to, they already have so many toys" I say and start cleaning up the mess in the living room.
"So what? Its their birthday and how can it be possible that I dont give them anything" She says and sits between them.

They immediately recognise her and Safa crawls into her lap.

"Yes! Acha! Go get dressed. It's 5 already" I say and she runs to her room after giving Safa and Marwah a kiss.

I text on the WhatsApp group to see where Javeriya and Rehana were, they both replied that they would be here anytime.

It suddenly hit me, Zaroon had not yet returned and he was supposed to get the cake.

I panic.

I dial his number when he just enter.

"Assalamualikum" He greets.
"Walekum Assalam I was just calling you" I say and hug him ans he smirks.
"This traffic I tell you" he was tired.
"Its okay...go get freshen up, I'll make you a cup of coffee" I say and brush his hair.
"Why suddenly so much love? You seem to be in a romantic mood" He bites his lip.
"Shhh..go get freshen up" I blush and push him away.