Chapter 23 - Perception of love and bundle of joy!

"To Allaah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth; He creates what He wills. He gives to whom He wills female [children], and He gives to whom He wills males. Or He makes them [both] males and females, and He renders whom He wills barren. Indeed, He is Knowing and Competent." [Quran 42 - 49:50]

Perception of love and bundle of joy!

"How's the weather there?" Yusuf asked as he drives.

"Its cold...all the time" I say softly. I was conscious as I knew every word I said would be heard by Zaroon as well.

"Well, you are warm for sometime here" Yusuf chuckles.

"Yeeah" I say.

Yusuf was busy driving, Zaroon was busy doing something with his phone and I blankly sat there doing nothing until Yusuf got a phone call.

"Assalamualikum ammi, I've picked Ayaat from the airport we're heading home" Yusuf says.

"Whaat? Ok ok we'll just come there then directly...please take care of her" Yusuf says again after mum says something and disconnects the call.

Before I could ask anything, Zaroon asked him.

"What happened? Is everything ok?" Zaroon asks.

"Ammi said she's taking Aisha to the hospital, she's having terrible pain and cant wait any longer" Yusuf says worried.

"Dont worry, Allah is with her" Zaroon says.

"Yes Yusuf Dont worry, Allah will take care of everything, He is with her" I repeat Zaroon's words and he looks at me and smiles.

Allah! That smile. Those dimples!

I look down and blush.

Astagfirulla. What am I doing. Lower your gaze and control yourself I reminded myself.

We reach the hospital in sometime.

"How's she?" Yusuf asks mum.

"We dont know, the doctor hasn't come out yet" she says worried.

Mum see's me and comes and hugs me I hug her back and tears start flowing.

I missed her so bad!

"I missed you so much ammi" I say and she says the same.

I walk towards dad and Fiza and greet them. I sit next to Fiza waiting for the doctor to come out and inform us.

During all this time I forget the existance of Zaroon in the corridore with Yusuf until he comes and talks to dad.

They just generally talk about this and that aa far as I could hear.

I wonder why dad thought he wasn't good for me the thought never leaves my mind.

He was perfect. Atleast according to my definition.

Have you ever looked at someone and thought " Oh Allah! I love him? "

He's just talking

Or humming

Or watching a movie

Or reading a book or something.

There's something about him in that moment, his body is alive.

There's light in his eyes.

Something that makes you think " I just love you".

Its a weird sensation to think this, but its pretty amazing that we feel this way for another human being.