Chapter 25 - The perfect suitor

The Prophet Muhammad said, may Allah's peace and blessings be upon him: Your Heaven lies under the feet of your mother.

And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that you may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put love and mercy between your [hearts] . . .) (Qur'an 30:21)

The perfect Suitor.

I was not going to marry a guy I hated and if that was not enough he was the brother of the guy I loved. Wonderful.

I was not going to let this happen to me. If mum talks to me about this I will clearly tell her NO.

I do not want to marry that guy.

But wait? That means..There was nothing going on between Fiza and Rahil?

And RAHIL WANTS TO MARRY ME? like seriously. I thought to myself.

Then what was all that smiling and secret meeting about?

Now this was really frustrating.

What if this was the way he was trying to take revenge from me for slapping him.

Oh Allah! Help me.

"Ayaat? What are you doing?" Yusuf asks as he spots me standing and staring aimlessly at the wall.

"Eh?" I was standing blanky.

"What are you doing?" His tone gets louder.

"Me? I..Uh came to take water" I say with uncertainity.

He shrugs and walks away, I look around to find Gazala aunty and mum still busilh talking while the men quietly listened to them. I run back to my room with the jar of water in my hand and plan to confront Fiza, I stop mid way thinking I should first talk to Rahil.

I walk towards Yusuf's room and notice Zaroon praying while Rahil sat there with the play station and Yusuf was nowhere around.

How am I gonna talk to him in the presence of Zaroon? The thought upset me that it was obvious his family must had consulted him before taking this step and he dint say anything?

I wait for Rahil to walk out of the room and he does and thankfully Yusuf hadn't returned yet.

"Rahil?" I call out

"Yes?" He says.

"I need to talk to you" I say.

"Telme?"

He was so changed. This was not the guy I knew a year back. He had changed so much. He dint look at me much, lowered his gaze while talking, kept his distance, was decent. Talking in a manner like nothing happened.

"Uh..I heard Gazala aunty..umm tell mum something about a proposal for me" I hesitated to talk but never the less I went on while his interest grew.

"So? What does that have to do with me?" She asks.

Whaaat? He dint know? He really dint know? Was this some kind of prank? I stood in front of him with a staright face for a long time.

"What do you mean? Dont you know who the guy is?" I ask after an akward silence.

"How on earth would I know?" He shrugs.

"Okay? Let me get this straight. You know nothing about the proposal for me?" I ask.

"NO! Why you telling and asking me all this?" He asks irritated.

Should I tell him? Or not? He would eventually come to know. That means Gazala aunty hadn't comsulted Rahil even before putting forward her thought. Weird.