Chapter 54 - She's my Sister-in-Law

The Prophet said : The people who were not tested in this Duniya will wish their skins were cut up when they see the rewards for those who were tested.

Today was Fiza's nikah and I knew how exactly she was feeling, what she was going through.
I knew because I went through the same thing and the feeling was I'm sure beautiful for her too.
I was there with her for the full week, by her side when ever she needed me.
Though my morning sickness restricted it a bit, I still managed to part take in all the house functions.

How could I miss it?

It was like reliving those memories again. I missed being a newly wed.

In a few hours Fiza would come to her new house, with her husband.
It was all just so strange to imagine but it made me very hally to imagine that at end of the day I'd see her in the next room, everyday.

She will always be there!

And she wont be there as my sister she'll be there as my sister in law, as my husband's younger brothers wife.
What could be better than this?
Always having her around! It would just be like old times.
It would be like a part of me that I left behind at my wedding came back to me. Yes, ammi, Yusuf, dad, Mahira  and Aisha bhabhi were also a part of me but I couldn't have all of them in my house with me but Fiza could fill up their gaps.

And...and the best part about all this would be that she wouldn't be alone in this new house, she'd have me.
When ever she needed my I'd be just a knock away.

She could also help with the baby.
This was just wonderful.

" I'm nervous. Nervous. Nervous. Nervous" Fiza says and walks from one end of the room to another.
"I remember Ayaat's time, Oh nothing has changed" Aisha bhabhi says.
"What should I do Ayaat? I dont wanna be so scared" She sits beside me and holds my hand tight.
"Fiza! I cant tell you anything other than to clam down!" I laugh.
"Yes! This is all very funny to you'll" she says angrily.

The house was filled with guests so we didn't really have much privacy or the peace of mind that Fiza needed.

"Now why dont we go have breakfast and then the beautician would come..so you'll get occupied and wouldn't have time to get so nervous" Aisha bhabhi says and Fiza takes a deep breath and we go downstairs to get somthing in our stomach.

"Ammi, she is panicing." I say softly.
"You know how she must be feeling. It'll be fine" mum pats my back and leave.

During all this I realised what a mess I had made during Fiza's engagement.
Also I realised I aplogised and made up to Zaroon but I hadn't even spoken to Rehana once.
It was so immature and selfish of me.

She was my friend. My bestfriend!

How could I just let things be this rough between the two of us and not do anything about it.

I tried calling her, trying to invite her to the wedding but she wouldn't recieve any of my calls and I would have done the same thing if I were in her place so I had no right to blame her.

But now, I wanted to make it upto her and I was ready to do anything for it.

So I decided to visit her house and ask for her forgiveness. I knew she's forgive me, she too loved me.

"Ammi? I'll be back in sometime" I say to her as she was surrounded by guests.
"Ayaat! No! Your not going anywhere alone" she says strictly.
"Everybody is busy here, who am I gonna take with me" I crib.

Being pregnant had both its advantages and disadvantages!

I was putting on weight around the tummy area, I did not look 4 months pregnant I looked alot more than that.