Chapter 21 - Lets play a game!

Falling in love is not haram, what you do with that love is what makes it halal or haram.

Lets play a game.

It had been four months since I left Ahmed uncle's house, intially it was very hard to convince my family for it but eventually I managed. With great difficulty I must add.

Life was going well..Alhamdulila.

I hadn't spoken to Omar after that day but a week later I got a letter from him which said

Someday we'll be together, Inn sha Allah.

It almost made me cry, I dint even realise at first but I broke his heart not once but twice. I was such a horrible person.

He wasn't asking for a haram relationship he was asking for a halal relationship and I still declined his offer. May Allah forgive me.

Eventually I was getting over it as time passed but still deep down everyday I'd feel guilt rise within me and it just made me feel bad about myself like I was selfish and I was the reason behind his broken heart or I thought so.

So I moved in with Natasha and her room mate Arzoo. As I already knew Natasha a bit it made it a little easier to to adjust but Arzoo made it hard, the girl was a muslim but had no qualities of one.

She wore clothes that showed her body, she wore no hijab, partied, stayed out late night and was always seen with differant guys, her taste of loud music made it hard for us to sleep at times. At times I was at the verge of screwing her up for the way she behaved and what she wore and everything then I remember I read something said by Mufti Ismail Menk -

"When you see a female dressed in a manner that is unacceptable Islamically, dont for a moment think she is lower than you spirutally. If you do then you are lower than her, believe me that's the teaching of your religion. She might have a link with her creator that you do not know about. She might have a heart tons better than yours. She might have one weakness outwardly and you might have 50 weaknesses inwardly."

This words of his always made me control my anger and calm down..may be what he was telling was right, may be she was better at heart and I had no right to judge her on her outward weaknesses.

So it had been 5 months at the University, I had made a few friends not very close ones, the only close friend I made was Natasha. She was a gem. Soft and subtle and quite and cute. A totally opposite of Arzoo, with the I'd like to add Arzoo too studied at the University she was a year older to us and she was too from India, because of her behaviour I didnt know much about her.

My University had no specific building to be called as my University, there were around 40 differant buildings with differant sections in each. It made it hard at times to walk those buildings when one was tired. The campus was huge. Like literally huge. We had a own big library where I spent most of my time if not at University or 'home'. I liked the atmosphere here.

I was offically the student of the Oxford University. A University where everyone dreams to go..but I was living the dream, for real.

It was an achievement..a big one.

I was happy for myself.

I was now making my way to the third floor in my University to check out the Muslim Students Association or MSA which was recommended by Asfiya a friend.

It was actually stupid that I was going to register into the association when I hardly had 5 months left here but nevertheless I still went.

"Good morning and Assalamaulikum fellow students, I am Yasir and she is Batul we are the new head of the association because your older president had to quit because of some personal reason" A guy in the white shirt, thin and tall like a stick spoke up next to whom there was a girl with a cute pink top who I assumed was Batul.