Chapter 26 - One step closer!

. The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has stated, "Marriage is the basis for blessings and children are an abundance of mercy.

One step closer.

"Who do you think is a perfect suitor for Ayaat?" Dad asks Yusuf calmly.

"Why dont you answer that first then may be I could tell you" Yusuf says.

His tone was rebellous. Like he dint care what the other person's opinion was. I was starting to freak out.

"I think Rahil is the one." just the second Dad finishes his sentence Yusuf starts his.

"And I think Zaroon's perfect for Ayaat." he says confidently.

"Yusuf you know we already closed the chapter on Zaroon. He's not good enough for Ayaat" Dad says angrily.

"Good enough? Are you trying to tell us that you think Zaroon's not good enough for Ayaat, but Rahil is?" Yusuf says sarcastically.

"Yes I am." Dad says firmly.

"And why is that?" Yusuf demands an explanation.

"He earns better than Zaroon, though they stay in a small house Rahil with his earning could look after Ayaat well." He says.

"Really? Money is all that matters?" Yusuf says angrily.

I was starting to feel guilty for telling Yusuf how I felt about Zaroon, if I hadn't told him he would never have told it here and dad and him wouldn't be fighting like this.

I did not like the atmosphere. It was my fault I just ruined the entire thing.

"Money is an important aspect Yusuf you should know, would you give your sisters hands to a man who doesn't earn? So you could starve her?" He says making Yusuf understand.

"He is a doctor!!" Yusuf says 

"Indeed but he works at government hospitals, what income would he have from that? You telme? Besides what is the problem with Rahil anyway? I like him. He earns well gets along with all of us seems to be a well mannered boy and has Islam as a priority" Dads says.

"Okay okay. How about we let Ayaat decide? Its her life after all." Yusuf says pointing at me. I stand still and everybody stares at me. I firstly try to understand what dad just told about Rahil.

Well mannered - Islam priority- gets along- like him.

Rahil had surely made some fans. Seeing me stand blankly dad speaks uo again.

"Okay Ayaat, its you now who's going to decide. I will give you a days time or may be longer. Dont worry beta its no pressure we are not going to force you for anything.

You have Allah to guide you. Ask Him for help and he surely will help." Dad says giving me a relief and I nod my head in return.

But wait! Why did I need time? What did I have to choose between? Rahil and Zaroon? I clearly knew I dint want to marry Rahil so why take time? Lemme just answer now.

But then I stopped because I wasn't very comfortable in answering it in front of everyone. So I thought I might tell it later to someone.

"Okay, ammi can I go meet Jav? If its okay with you." I ask.

"Yes sure. Make sure you come back before 5 ok?" She says and kisses my forehead.

I make my way to my room and get dressed I dont call Javeriya to inform her I was coming, I wanted to surprise her.