Chapter 55 - Full of Joy & Sorrow

To those who argue that smoking is halal, why dont you say Bismillah before smoking and Alhamdulila after? If you see it as something normal why dont you smoke in fromt of your parents? If you see if as something so much fun and halal why dont you teach your kids to smoke?

"And do not kill yourselves.
Surely, Allah is Most Merciful to you"

Full of joy & Sorrow

Everything was perfect and I didn't want to change a thing.

Happiness blossomed everywhere, Fiza and Rahil were so happy together it just made my day to see how they were so much in love.

It had been a week since their wedding and the house was empty again but to them nothing mattered as long as they had each other.
It reminded me so much of Zaroon and me for the first few months.

That newness, the shyness it was all such a ticklish feeling. What I'd give up to feel all that again...go through the whole thing again.

Meet him...fall in love with him...marry him...get pregnant with his child.

But it wasn't like our lives were dull and boring now. No!
We still had our romantic dates, we still fell in love with each other everyday more and more.
And now when I think those first few months are nothing compared to this.

Zaroon hadn't changed a bit since our wedding and thats what I loved the most about him.

I pray to Allah SWT that He makes us partners till the end of time.

"Have fun and take care" I bid Fiza goodbye at the door.

They were leaving for their honeymoon, it had become some what mandatory that a couple that got married had to go for their honeymoon, well I didn't mind it..I always craved for some alone time with Zaroon and how I loved all those little trips we took.

"I'll call you once I reach" She says and leaves.

Rahil had surprised Fiza with this wonderful trip, he was taking her to Singapore.
Thats when I realised the financial difference between Zaroon and Rahil.

No wonder my parents had Rahil as their first choice for me.
But I really never had financial crisis, Zaroon made sure I got everything I wanted I do not know how many things he sacrificed in order to make me happy.

Sometimes I look back ans think...Do I really deserve Zaroon?
I mean he is that kind of a guy every woman would want but I have him. Why?
And..and...I never do anything for him like he does for me.
He was different and he loved me it made me feel so special.

I get back to the kitchen to help Gazala aunty when Arzoo walks in.

"Do you need any help?" She asks.
"No beta its okay" Gazala aunty says with politeness and without any further conversation Arzoo leaves.

I had often noticed how Gazala aunty still treated Arzoo like a guest and I could see it was bothering Arzoo alot.

I would not say she was wrong, ofcourse it would bother her. How would anybody feel if they were treated like outsiders in their own homes?

But I understood Gazala aunty's point of view too, she didn't mean to hassel anything, she wanted things to go slow and steady so she could build her relationship with Arzoo again she wanted Arzoo to feel as comfortable as possible in the house but what she didn't understand was that the more she denied Arzoo helping her or to be with her the more it was pushing their relationship towards an end.

"What time is your appointment?" She asks me.
"In an hour" I say.
"How will you go?" She asks handing me the chopped cabbage.
"Zaroon said he would pick me up in 45 minutes" I say and wash the cabbage.