Chapter 41 - Unlove you.

"You can run as much as you want as fast as you want but only till a point. Sooner or later you will have to stop and face the truth"

Unlove you!

"Ayaat! What....what are you doing here?" Omar asks.
"You know this guy?" Rahil asks surprised.

I was speechless. I couldn't say a word my mind had flashbacks of new years eve when Arzoo and Omar held hands and Arzoo said I love you. That...That was all I could think of.

"Ayaat....?" I hear Omar call out again.
"What?..uh yeah?" I was out of the zone.
"You know this guy?" Rahil asks again.
"Yes! He....was a friend" I say looking at Arzoo and then Omar.
"Wha...was? Ayaaat?" Omar was confused at my reaction.

I couldn't stay there any longer. No I couldn't see Arzoo and Omar there together. I just couldn't and I have no answer to why I couldn't.

"Lets go Rahil. We'll come again some other day" I say firmly and grab my purse and keys and walk out of the door without looking back.

I dont say a word, Rahil follows me quietly till my car.

"Are..you going home? Just tell mum I'll be late" He says just to make some conversation and lighten the mood. He had no idea what my reaction was all about. Obviously he knew nothing about my history with Omar and I really appriciated it that he didn't ask me anything.

"I..I was thinking I'd go to dad's house and visit Fiza and Ammi and everyone for sometime..." I say casually.
"Oh! Its okay..Ill just call mum and tell then" He says politely.
"Umm..ok..then Assalamualikum" I say and get into my car and drive away.

I drive for sometime I did not want to visit my old house sure that was the plan before I saw Omar there in Arzoo's apartment but seeing him there just disturbed my peace of mind and if I was going to my old house there would be alot of talking to Fiza and Ammi and Aisha bhabhi..and..I just wanted some alone time I didnt want to talk.
I wanted to understand. . . . .Myself!

So Instead of going to the house I drove to this lake near my old college. I park and leave my phone inside the car because I didnt want to be disturbed.

The sky was not completely dark the sun had set sometime back leaving its little light behind. But it was gloomy and windy it could rain but I still grab a seat on one of the benches.

I sit there staring at the moving water, it was beautiful. I close my eyes and lean back. I think of Zaroon!
I loved him, I loved him alot but did I make a mistake marrying him? If...If I loved him so much why would it make me jealous of seeing Arzoo and Omar together? Why was it making any differance to me who Omar was with?

No! This is not right. I cant think stuff like this. I love Zaroon. I love him more than anything in the world.

Those 30 seconds of doubt just made me feel so guilty and it was only because of Omar.
Oh Allah help me. Help me!

It begins to pour but I still sit there analysing everything, small little details. I had to stop thinking about Omar and what he was doing or who he was with. Why should it bother me? Whyy!

Drenched in water I make my way to the car shivering. When I get in I see my phone viberating....it was....Omar. I dint have his name saved but I recognised the number. I let it viberate, 10 second later it stops and I see 17 missed calls from the same number.

I throw my phone to the backseat and drive to home.

*        *        *

"Ayaat! Your shivering!" Fiza says as she gets some towels for me.
"Buhh...I'm..I'm fine" I say and start rubbing my wet hair.
"I'll get you some warm milk" She says and leaves me alone in my old room.