Chapter 46 - Curiosity and Scepticism

"Allah SWT sometimes takes you into troubled waters, not to drown you but to cleanse you"

"How about we also talk about the engagment and the wedding date?" Asked my father in law.
"Sure, sure we do not mind" Dad said.
"There is still two more months till Fiza finishes her graduation. Why dont we wait till them ammi?" I say.
"Yes. I hope you'll dont have any problem?" Ammi asks.
"Okay.. we can wait for her to finish grad to get married. But how about a small engagment the coming friday?" Gazala aunty asks.
"That should be okay, but still we would discuss and let you'll know soon." Mum says.
"Ah! Thats okay! Now..can we..meet Fiza?" Zaroon's father asks.
"Yes. Yes! Ayaat? Why dont you go call Fiza? Aisha you to go" Mum says and Aisha bhabhi and I walk to Fiza's room.

I run and hug her. " Congratulations"
"Thank you" She says shyly.
"Common lets go down, they want to see you" Aisha bhabhi says and Fiza comes along with us.

"You're okay?" I ask when I sense discomfort on her face.
"I heard Gazala aunty talk and..." I cut her mid sentence.
"You know what? Just forget it. Dont think about anything she says. I know how she is but just let it go. The mkre you think about it the more it will bother you" I say with a straight face.
"I know but..its just...Fine.." She sighs.
"Now smile. You dont want Rahil to see you this way" I say mischieviously and she blushes again.

I knew Gazala aunty was not an Indeal mother in law and somethings things she said hurt me alot but I didnt want Fiza to face the samw thing. I had to keep her away from all of her tantrums and drama and stuff until she was strong enough to face her critisism or it would affect Fiza.

"Assalamualikum" Fiza says softly once we reach the living room.
"Walekum assalam" they greet back together.
"Come sit here" Gazala aunty says showing the empty seat next to her.

I see the happiness on Rahil's face and I just Prayed to Allah that instant to keep them happy, Always. Like Zaroon and me.

After a little talking and dinner, we left and the date for the engagment was set for Friday.

"I'm so happy" I say to Zaroon while we were in our car going back home.
"Alhamdulila, me too" He says looking at me with a smile.
"Do you wanna go for a walk?" He asks.
"I'd love to" I say excited.

He takes a U-Turn and parks the car on the side.
We get down and just start to walk, not knowing where we were going, just hand in hand and love in our heart.

"I'm just gonna text Rehana and Javeriya and let them know about the engagment, so they can keep themselves free" I say and take out my phone.
"Uh..so they...are going...to come?" Zaroon asks stammering.
"Um..yeah! They're Fiza's friends too. Is there a problem?" I ask a little disturbed.
"No no..I just asked" he says faking a smile and concentrating on the road.

I was not feeling very good, the weird behaviour Zaroon had towards my friends and the way Rehana acted around him or his name made me wonder if there was any connection between this.
It just made me very disturbed and uneasy.

"Zaroon. Is there anything you wanna tell me?" I ask seriously.
"Nooo! No Love! Its nothing. Dont take it so seriously" He says and rubs my palm.
"Okie" I say and smile a little.
"So...Do you wanna eat an Ice cream?" He asks trying to cheer me up.
"You know..Any other day I would have said yes. But now Im just a little tired" I say and kill the mood.
"Uh..okay! No problem" He says.

After a few yards and a disturbed conversation we get back to our car and drive back home.

I make wudhu, pray Isha and go to bed.
"You're so tired? Zaroon ask with a blank expression.
"Yes!" I reply and turn my back to him.
"Fine. Im just gonna make a call and come back" he says and leaves.

I just wanted to be alone and calm myself down. I really dint want to talk to Zaroon, atleast not after I was having these kinds of thoughts.

After everything that happened with Javeriya I was more terrified. I just couldn't bear the thought of Zaroon doing something like that.

May be, I was just overthinking. It was  all just in my head. Why would Zaroon even do something like that? He loves me and thats more that enough for me to trust him.

My chain of thought breaks when I hear my phone ring. I startle and mistakely disconnect the call.

It was Fiza!

When I called back, I realised I had no balance so I waited for Zaroon to come back so I could call Fiza.

"You're not asleep yet?" He asks when he see's me sitting on the bed.
"Fiza called but I couldn't answer it and cant call back because I dont have balance. Can I use your phone?" I ask with a smile.

"Sure! Here" he says and hands out his phone.

I go close to him and whisper with my head low to the ground.
"I'm sorry! I was just a little disturbed. I shouldn't have behaved that way with you"

He strokes my hair softly and pulls me more close. He doesn't say anything and kisses me.

I look into his eyes and see his pupils dilating.
I bury my head into his chest and whisper "You know I love you, Dont ever break my heart"

"I wont" he says with a firm tone.

There was no distance left between us, I could hear him breath and heart beating literally.

I close my eyes and surrender myself to him.

After sometime when I realise I had to call fiza I get up and move away from him.

"I'll be back" I say shyly, I grab a scarf and walk out of the room with his phone.

I search for Fiza's number and Dial it.

"Assalamualikum. You called?" I ask.
"Yes. Mum wanted to know if you could come a day before the engagment to help?" She asks.
"Inn sha Allah I'll try, I'll ask Gazala aunty" I say.
"Please try. I really want you here" She says anxiously.
"Haha..I'll ask. Chalo got to go" I say and disconnect the call.

I walk back to the room when the phone beeps.

It was a message from an unknown number.
I look around to see if anybody was watching me, I walk back to the balcony and latch the door from outside.

I was starting to get suspicious and mistrustful and at that moment I dint even realise how stupid I was acting.

I open the message and It was blank.
I scroll through the messages list and see there were a few blank messages from the same number.

I go to the call log and see the last dialed number before Fiza's. It was the same one. It was the same number.

I became curious and restless. I stare at the number for a few seconds then I realised it was a familiar number, and it was killing me that I didn't know who's number it was.

Out of curiousity and dumbness I re-dial the number and wait for someone to answer it.

Oh Allah. Oh Allah! Please let it be some misunderstanding. I pray in my heart.

It rings a few seconds and nobody answers when I was about to disconnect it realising how foolish I was acting Someone answered the phone.

"Hello?" Said a familiar Woman's voice.

______________________________________

Hello :)

I know its a small chapter but it's a quick update when compared to the previous ones and because I updated a small chapter the next update will also be quick.
So....Enjoy!