Chapter 18 - Mr so nice & Miss biryani

Halal is a must not just about what we eat but also what we wear and what we love.

Mr so nice & Miss biryani

"Look at that, thats called the London eye" Nida pointed far showing us a giant wheel or ferris wheel.

"Wow its so big, I bet you can see everything from up there" I say amazed.

"Yes you can, do you wanna try?" Omar asks me.

"Me? What? No No!" I say scared, I was always afraid of heights.

We were in a tourist bus, going around London visiting all the tourist attraction since the last 3 days, I loved the place expect for its weather it was freezing cold even in the noon.

Yusuf and Omar sat together while Nida and I sat together.

Yusuf was leaving in two days and I really did not want him to leave, I'd be left alone here, not that Husna aunty and Ahmed uncle weren't taking care of me..its just that I'd miss my family, my home.

"Common lets try" Yusuf says.

"No Im fineeee, Anyway Im here for a year so I can try it some other time" I say to shut them up.

"Okay as you wish" Yusuf says casually.

"Lets get home, its getting colder" I say and we return home.

These 4 days in London were good, things between Omar and me were okay and I think eventually we'll reach a point where our friendship level would be as good as before but I was still scared if something goes wrong and I tried to maintain distance not just because I feared something would go wrong but also because I feared Allah and it was haram to talk to a non mahram unnecessarily.

"I smell biryani" I say as well all sit on the dinning table.

"I doubt that, mum never makes biryani" Nida says and sniffs.

"But I really smell biryani, do none of you smell? Yusuf?" I say.

"Nah..I dont" Yusuf says and chuckles.

"I remember when we were young you loved biryani so much" Omar says and gets Nostaligic.

"I still do and always will" I say proudly.

"But Im so sorry I did not make biryani, Im not good at it" Husna aunty walks in with a big dish in her hand.

"No aunty its okay..we were just talking" Yusuf says and I nod.

We were done with our dinner and I walk back to my room and lay down on the bed and Rehana calls me on skype.

"Assalamualikum" I say as I answer the call.

"Walekum assalam" she replies back

"How is everything going? Oh I miss you so much" I say and fake a tear.

"Alhamdulila all great..Pleas...." She stops mid sentence and I see her looking behind me and smiling so I turn around to find Omar looking at me.

"Do you need something Omar?" I ask lowering my gaze.

"No I just came to check if you need something" He says and blushes.

"No its all just fine, Ill call you if I need anything" I say and smile he smiles backs and walks out, I look at Rehana giving me a mischevious smile.

"What?" I ask her smiling.

"He's hot, and looks rich too" she says and laughs.

"He's not! Stop it Rehana, I thought you were over the cute boy obsession thingi" I say and wave my hand air.