Chapter 3 - Trouble Trouble!

When she is a daughter, she open's the door of Jannah for her father.

When she is a wife, she completes half of the deen of her husband.

When she is a mother, Jannah lies under her feet.

Who was that? Some cousin? Yusuf's friend?

He probably had Yusuf's phone because Yusuf must have been busy there, after all he just got married. I tried not to make a big deal out of it
But curiosity crawled in, Now my mind definitely wanted to know whose voice i just heard I was interrupted from my thoughts when Fiza asked me to sit with her, I walked with her to the living room and lost track of what I was thinking.

A few moments later after I sat down with everyone I got a call from Yusuf's number, my hands trembled when I looked at the screen I wanted to hear that voice once again because...actually I didn't know why but I just wanted to hear it but I also knew it was tempting and that's why I was scared, scared that I might to do something that's not right.

Should I answer? What if it's that same voice?

Oh Ayaat it could be Yusuf, Just answer it, I thought again.

"Hello?" I answered hesitantly,  talking to the opposite gender was always a task to me.

I repeated "Hello? Yusuf?" Softly this time.

"I like your voice" said the person from the other end.

My heart started beating so fast I bet Fiza could hear it sitting beside me.

"I bet you look beautiful too." The voice said again when I didn't reply.

I was in a state of shock something like this had never happened to me ever. I froze with the phone on my ear, After Fiza shook me I came back to my senses and disconnected the call immediately.

I felt extremely disturbed, should I tell mum about this Or Yusuf? After all it was his phone and this guy was definitely someone Yusuf knew or else he wouldn't have his phone or maybe it was just a prank?

But this was no time to prank! Fear crept in. What should I do!? I didn't know how to react.

I tried distracting myself with the celebration and I was successful, I forgot about the phone call.
Everybody rejoiced the fact that Yusuf and Aisha were married now and happiness bloomed.

Alhamdulilah!

Everybody sat down for dinner, the ladies had to finish the dinner before men came back from the mosque.

I took some food for Aisha and myself & went to her room I wanted to spend sometime with her to get to know her better.

"How are you feeling?" I asked as I entered her room.

"Honestly? Nervous" She took a deep breath.

She did look scared. I wondered what the feeling was like.

I smiled and sat next to her, we had dinner together and I tried to distract her from the tense nervous feelings.

My heart started beating fast again when I heard all the men came back from mosque.

What if that guy is here with Yusuf?

Now I really didn't want to go out of the room but I did not want Aisha to sense my uneasiness, so I had to walk out of the room leaving Aisha with her few cousins.
As I walked out of the room I kept my head low with out making any eye contact.

I did not want to stay alone I saw Fiza across the dinning room as I started walking to the other side I saw Yusuf sitting with dad with the corner of my eyes, I also saw 2 other guys on the other side of the couch who I did not recognise.

Was the guy who called me one of them?

I started trembeling again, I did not look up but I could sense one of the guy staring at me. I started walking faster towards the dinning room and stood next to Fiza.

I sighed.

Was that guy really staring at me? or was I just assuming? What if he was the same guy who called me?
I was really scared and panicked hence the over reaction at everything.

I really did not want to ruin my happiness at the moment thinking about this. But this was the first time something like this was happening to me, the kind of environment I live in, the life I live so sheltered, I would have never expected this to happen to me.

I couldn't keep this to myself anymore I had to let it out. Javeriya was not here & Mum was busy with Yasmin aunty.

Fizaaa!

I had fiza I could tell her.

"I have to tell you something" I said softly.

"Tell me?" She casually asked.

"Umm earlier today I called Yusuf to congratulate him, and somebody answered the call, Some guy."I stressed on the word 'guy'

Her eyes widen with interest and I continued and told her everything. She looked at me like she had seen a ghost I ignored her and continued.

"And now I think the guy sitting outside with Yusuf wearing the blue shirt is him." I said fidgeting with my scarf.

"Is it him?" Fiza asked looking behind me.

Some one was walking towards us, I didn't dare to turn around.

Oh Allah! what should I do?

It was like trouble walking right towards me and I had no where to go.

______________________________________