Chapter 22 - Choosing the right one.

Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, "If someone with whose piety and character you are satisfied comes to you, then marry him. If you do not do so, there will be disorder in the earth and a great deal of evil."

Choosing the right one.

I was confused..Did I love him? How could I love him? May be the correct question was, How couldn't I love him? How couldn't anyone love him?

He was perfect.

I did not know what to do when Javeriya kept staring at me through the screen.

"Ayaat, do you even realise what you just said?" She asked raising her eyebrows.

"Javeriya..Im blank..Im completely blank...please dont ask me anything" I say looking down in guilt.

"You know what? I knew it..I knew it the moment I saw both of you together near collage the other day" she says grinning.

"What? When?" I ask pretending I dint know what she was talking about.

"Ayaaaaat....the way you looked at him..that glance just was enough for me to know what you feel"

"No javeriya..its not like that...I dont know what to say" I stammer.

I had no words to complete my sentence.

How could I convince Javeriya when I couldn't convince myself.

"Ok relax, now answer me? Ok? " She asks seriously and I nod.

"Ayaat, do you feel anything for Zaroon? Anything at all?"

My mind plays the memories again, Every moment spent with him giving me chills.

The words were making their way out when the screen goes black,the battery had died.

I did not know what I was going to answer to Javeriya, but I was thankful that the battery died.

I did not plug in my charger as I did not want to talk to Javeriya regarding this now so I closed the laptop and kept on the side table while picking up my one of the favorite book.

The fault in our stars!

Reading books was not a hobby it was passion. I literally craved for books.

And Romance was my thing.

I had read the book nearly 7 times and I'd still be excited everytime I read it.

I opened the book to the page where the bookmark was placed and I read softly.

"Im in love with you" he said.

"Augustus" I said.

"I am," he said. He was staring at me, and I could see the corners of his eyes crinkling. "I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you."

I couldn't read any further, I did not want to read any further.

Tears made their way out giving me a soothing feeling, Sometimes you just need a good cry even when you dont know the reason behind it.

I got up from bed when I heard the adhaan for Isha and made my way to the bathroom to make wudhu. I prayed salah and fell asleep.

*       *        *