Chapter 61 - Life & Death

" Death is not the end, its a new beginning."

"Trust Allah SWT he places certain people in your life for a reason and he removes certain people also for the same"

My hands shiver and my feet turn cold.
Instead of the ambulance I call Rahil.

"He...ll..o" My voice drops.
"Ayaat? Where are you guys? We've been waiting from so long" He says sleepy.
"Rahil...Rahil...Zaroon...accident" I couldn't even find words.
"What? Are you okay? What's going on?" He was confused.
"Accident...near the lake" I say Emotionless now and disconnect the call.

There was no expression on my face I sat next to Zaroon and put his head on my lap.
I wasn't crying anymore because I just didn't know what to feel.

I felt like an emotionless statue.

I stroke his hair gently like trying to put him to sleep....a deep one..peacefully.

I see blood all around us and on Zaroon so I tear a piece of my hijab and softly wipe his face.
His lips.
His shut eyelids.
His cheeks.

The blood was drying but his wounds were still pouring out blood.

I bend down and take him into my arms to keep him warm, to may be let him live a little longer...or I hoped so.

I knew what had happened, but I just didn't know how to react.

I dont know how long I sat there with Zaroon's head in my lap when Rahil came

He rushed towards us, Fiza right behind him.
He gasps and covers his mouth in shock, Fiza's eyes filled up.

"Lets get you'll to the hospital" he says instantly and Fiza makes me get up so I could sit in the car but I dont leave Zaroon's hand.

She looks at me, then looks away and wipes her tears.

Rahil gives her a look and she pulls me away and I let go of Zaroon's hand.

A few minutes later Zaroon was again on my lap in the car and his eyes were shut just like before and we were in the hospital parking.

Hello...yes....hospital.....Zaroon met with an accident. . . . Ayaat is okay....physically....I think u'll should come...okay...Okay ..yes.

Rahil had called Yusuf and asked him to come, he had also called Gazala aunty and informed them.

A couple of ward boys rushed towards the car and took my Zaroon away and Rahil went with them.

Fiza hugs me and begins to cry, I push her away.

"Dont.." I say firmly and go behind Rahil.

I sit on the chair for a few minutes and Fiza sits beside me.

Zaroon was sent to the I.C.U and I could see Rahil talking to a doctor through the glass door while others nurses were putting on oxygen masks and cleaning and doing other things to Zaroon.

I look at Zaroon on the hospital bed,just lying there still,  fighting from death...may be...may be not...and I feel a sudden pinch in my heart, a strong one.

I walk away from the I.C.U and sit on a bench far away.

My lips didn't stop zikr and my heart never stopped praying, to the world I was just a woman who was emotionless at that moment but deep within I was a woman who desperately was hoping for a miracle and believed in Allah SWT.

"Ayaat?" Aisha bhabhi comes and sits beside me, I look at her then look away and continue praying.
"Ayaat, The kids have been crying at home, Arzoo is with them" She says in a soft tone.
"Hmm" I say without looking up.
"You should be with Zaroon Ayaat" She says and holds my hand.