Chapter 3

"Big ass turnout as always. See Kie, this was definitely a good idea." JJ announced, as us Pogues all headed into the boneyard. 

"Shut up JJ." Kie mumbled. 

"That's a hell of a lot of Tourons in one place." Pope laughed lightly as we looked around the boneyard. 

He was right - the boneyard was filled with people, most of them being Tourons and Pogues, with the occasional Kook scattered around. Pogues lived on the cut in Outer Banks, working hard at minimum wage in shit-for-nothing cramped houses; whilst the Kooks on the other hand were rich, obnoxious people who lived in figure 8 on the island, and believe that Pogues' jobs are to serve them. Then there are the Tourons - tourists who are here for a week on holiday with their parents: they always love the thrill and atmosphere here in Outer Banks, so they go all out at keggers. 

"Geez, they're hot as well." JJ whistled, eyeing the Tourons carefully, as I rolled my eyes at his comment. 

"Perv." I mumbled and folded my hands across my chest. 

"What's wrong, jealous sweetie?" JJ smirked, looking over at me with a smug expression. I plastered on a fake smile and gave him a look as if to say 'very funny'. 

JJ and I hadn't spoken properly since our awkward encounter earlier, so I was glad to see him back talking to me in his usual way - even if that involved his smirk comments. 

"I am definitely gonna need a drink if I'm gonna get through tonight." Pope commented. 

"Me too." John B agreed, and I hummed in agreement with the pair. 

"You coming?" I asked Kie and JJ, as John B, Pope and I began to walk towards the kegger. 

"Sure." Kie smiled, joining us as we headed over. I looked over to JJ who was still stood in his spot, and I raised my eyebrows at him, as if I was repeating my previous question. 

"Yeah coming." JJ nodded, joining me by my side as we trailed behind the group. 

"Is everything okay?" I asked him worriedly. 

"Yeah fine." he nodded, still looking at the ground. 

"Are you sure?" I questioned him,  not believing his answer. 

"Yeah sorry, I just zoned out for a bit. Let's get a drink." JJ looked up from the floor and into my eyes with a genuine smile which eased my nerves. He placed his hand on the small of my back and led me over to where the others already where, pouring drinks for us all. 

"To Pogues." John B toasted raising his cup in the air. 

"To Pogues." we all repeated, following suite with raising our cups in the air as we began to drink the alcoholic beverages. I made eye contact with John B and nodded my head to the side slightly, motioning for him to come over so I could speak to him privately. 

"What?" he asked me coming over and standing next to me. 

"Remember we have that meeting with DCS early tomorrow morning, so don't get too shit faced because we can't screw this up." I sternly spoke to John B and his face dropped with worry. 

"I know, don't worry I'll be sensible." John B smiled at me and I nodded in response, "And don't worry Mols, it's gonna be fine okay." he reassured me, slinging his arm around my shoulder. 

"Thank you." I mumbled to him, showing my gratitude for his gesture.  

"What are you two whispering about?" JJ came over to John B and I, eyeing us carefully as he clearly picked up on the tension.