Chapter 37

JJ was standing in front of me, a suit and a bowtie dressing him up and making him blend in to this event. His expression looked pained as he looked between Rafe and I. When I took in his appearance, his face was bruised and cut, and his lip was busted, causing pain to surge through my body at seeing him in this state. Looking back up to his eyes, I found his gaze wasn't staring into mine, instead his eyes were dragging up and down my body, his mouth slightly hanging open as he took in my dressed up look.

"Molly." he whispered under his breath when his eyes finally met mine once again.

"JJ-" I began, stepping towards the boy, but I was cut off by a voice from behind me.

"I'm wonderin' if you could get me a mai tai, my friend." Rafe stepped in front of me, and patted JJ on the back, who stepped backwards to escape his touch. "And how about one for my beautiful girl here." Rafe motioned towards me.

JJ stepped towards Rafe and grabbed him by the collar, "What the fuck did you just call her man?" JJ shouted at Rafe.

"Stop!" I tried to get the two to back away from one another.

"She's my girl now, Pogue." Rafe spat at JJ, who only increased his grip on the Kook, pulling him in further.

"Don't you dare fucking say that shit." JJ warned him.

"Pogue, how about you make that three?" Kelce interrupted the pair, and JJ looked at the boy who was wearing a light pink suit, and reluctantly let go of his grip on Rafe, and began to back up.

"I'm on the clock right now. You guys look spiffy. You know, uh, I got a couple of orders ahead of you, so why don't you guys just go ahead and wait by the bar?" JJ tried to calm the pair, who followed him as he began to back through the crowd.

"No, we're going..." Rafe began, but JJ cut him off.

"Help yourselves to hors d'oeuvres. Oh, yeah." JJ tried to distract them as he walked further away.

"Shit." I mumbled, following them, knowing this wasn't going to end well.

"Guys, JJ's gonna serve us some hors d'oeuvres." Rafe announced as another couple Kooks joined Rafe and Kelce as they continued to follow JJ.

"Right? Well, here are the hors d'oeuvres. Okay. I'll be right back, okay?" JJ pointed at a table he had brought them to.

"We're actually gonna follow you in here just to make sure..." Rafe began but was interrupted by JJ sprinting off inside, with all four Kooks hot on his tail.

"Fuck." I whispered, looking around the room trying to find Pope or Kie for backup, but my search was unsuccessful.

Having no other choice, I tried to run in my high heels after the group. I ran through a room where many people were looking distressed looking down a corridor, making me think JJ had just ran past them all. I followed my instinct, and stopped when I heard shouting coming from inside the men's room.

"You've got to be kidding me." I placed my head in my hands in frustration, not feeling brave enough to stumble into the men's restroom.

Thankfully, a security guard must have also seen and heard all the commotion, as he quickly runs into the room, leaving the door open behind him. I edged forward so I could see inside. Kelce had JJ in a headlock, as the other Kooks stood around watching on, as Rafe was mimicking lining up a golf shot in front of the blonde-haired Pogue.

"Gentlemen! Is there a problem?" the security guard announces and flicks the light switch on and off repeatedly, capturing the attention of the boys.

"Oh! Pardon me, officer. No, there's not an issue. I just... Actually, yes. No, there is an issue. Uh, we got a criminal trespass in progress here. Beep! Call it in, right? Blatant disrespect for private property." JJ began to rant on.