Chapter 23

"All right, keep a look out. We're behind enemy lines." JJ spoke, as he drove the Twinkie up to a huge, fancy hotel on figure 8 of the island. JJ's plan was to use the internet at the hotel he works at. I had to give it to JJ - it was a good plan, however I couldn't ignore the nervousness in the pit of my stomach over the fact JJ was putting his job out on the line here. 

"Yo, come on, man. Just put it back." John B interrupted my thoughts and I looked up to see what he was referring to. My eyes widened as I saw that JJ was holding the stolen gun in his hand. 

"JJ you did not bring that!" I exclaim in disbelief. 

"What?" JJ shrugged. 

"JJ." John B warned who was sat next to JJ in the front of the Twinkie. Kie, Pope and I shared worried glances, before Pope opened the door of the Twinkie and slid out.

"You can never be too careful." JJ tried to defend his actions. 

"Hey, I predict that bringing a weapon to a four-star hotel will likely cause more problems than they solve." Pope warned JJ as he leaned into the open window of the Twinkie where JJ was sat.

"Thank you, Pope." John B sighed. 

"JJ don't." I leaned forward and tried to reason with the boy. He looked back at me and his eyes caught my own and he paused for a second, as if deliberating in his mind what to do, before he was interrupted by Kie leaning forwards at him.

"I swear to God, I'm gonna throw that thing in the ocean, JJ. Put it back." Kiara groaned at him, causing JJ to sigh and face the front again, his gaze fixating on the gun in his hand. John B grabbed the gun from JJ, interrupting his gaze on it and put it back inside the glove box of the Twinkie, which was met with frustration from JJ.

"There you go." Pope breathed a sigh of relief, mirroring my own actions. 

"You can't grab a gun like that." JJ complained, but John B, Kiara and I all stepped out of the Twinkie, communicating that JJ shouldn't even bother trying to put up a fight against us. "Can't forget my badge. Professional busboy." JJ smiled as he picked up his badge and hopped out of the Twinkie and walked towards the hotel, all of us following closely behind.

"So, where are we going now?" I asked JJ who was walking ahead of all of us. 

"We're getting on the internet because only rich people have electricity right now." JJ explained as he walked through the doors of the hotel, leading the way through it for us. "This way!" he looked back at us to make sure we were all still following him. 

"This place is insane." I whispered to the rest of the Pogues as we stepped through a grand entrance of the hotel. 

"Tell me about it." John B whistled, as JJ led us into a kitchen full of staff cooking and carrying plates in all different directions. 

"Woah!" I exclaimed as I stepped to the side suddenly to avoid a collision with a dark haired boy who was carrying a tray full of empty plates. 

"Sorry miss." the waiter smiled politely at me. 

"My bad." I smiled back at him. This commotion must have caught the attention of JJ as he stopped his marching through the kitchen, and was now striding over to the two of us. JJ looked between the two of us, his eyes lingering on mine for a bit too long: I couldn't read his expression, but my body grew nervous under his watch, before he broke eye contact and looked at the waiter who was still stood in front of us.

"Andrew!" JJ smiled and tapped the waiter's shoulder. 

"All right?" the waiter who I presumed was called Andrew smiled back at JJ.