Chapter 7

Water pushed my head down with great force, working against me as I desperately tried to hoist myself out of the water and break the surface to breathe, as my lungs grew more deprived by the second. Whether it was the awkward angle I entered the water at due to being in JJ's headlock, or whether it was simply due to the force my small body was thrown into the water with, for some reason the weight of the water above me was just too heavy. 

Panic begins surging through my body - pulsating through my veins as I feel my lungs becoming heavier by the second. I tried to scream, but water filled my mouth the second I opened it, and I felt the danger become more apparent as my lungs gained more and more water into them. 

My eyelids fall heavier and I feel them begin to droop, as blackness engulfs me - the dark vision and the ringing in my ears were the only signs that I was still alive at this point. 

Harsh, sudden coughs escape my mouth as what feels like gallons of water are choked up out of my mouth to accompany the coughs, as I feel myself slowly begin to fall back into reality. A sharp pain stings at the back of my throat as water continues to splutter out of my mouth. The blaring ringing in my ears gently fades quieter, and that is when the voices from around me can be heard again. 

"Molly!"

"Molly wake up!" I hear a chorus of people calling out my name, but my body still remains too numb to show any form of response to them. 

"Fuck come on Molly." I hear a familiar voice mumble, and as I become more aware of my senses, I am certain that voice belonged to JJ. 

The life begins to return into my body, and finally I feel the weight being lifted off my eyes and I am able to blink them open, albeit it takes me a while to finally be able to distinguish the scene in front of me. 

"Oh thank god." I hear Kie mumble, as the other Pogues all sigh in relief. I look around and JJ is holding onto my face with both of his hands as he kneels down right beside my body, staring at me with a panicked look I don't think I've ever seen him with before - his blonde hair is wet, causing it to hang over his forehead, making me long to reach out and push it back for him. It wasn't until I noticed the droplets of water dripping from JJ's body that I remember what happened - we were both thrown over the boat, and luckily for him, he clearly didn't get thrown in as harshly as me, as he appeared to be fine. John B is kneeled down on the other side of my body, looking equally as worried; Kie and Pope are both stood up behind the other boys, with yet again another look on their face revealing how unnerved they are. None of the other Pogues are wet, alluding that it was only JJ and I that got thrown out over the boat, and he must've been the one to have pulled me out of the water. Kind of makes sense considering it was partly his fault that I ended up in there anyway. 

"Mols, hey Mols." JJ gently shook my shoulders, desperate to get a response out of me. 

"How do you feel?" John B asks. 

"Like shit." I manage to cough out as the burn in my throat becomes more apparent. I attempt to sit up, but JJ pushes me back down with his hand and shakes his head at me, as if forbidding me from trying to do it again. 

Pope kneels down beside John B and stares me in the eyes before relieving the tension, "She's gonna be fine." 

"Thank fuck for that." John B breathes a heavy sigh of relief. 

"Thank god." Kie mumbles as she runs a hand through her hair. JJ continues to stare down at me with a face of disappointment - I was confused at first, but the more I studied his expression, the more I could see that his disappointment wasn't aimed at me, it was as if he was in pain at his own actions. I try to reach my arm out to reassure him that I was okay and that this wasn't his fault, but I was still too weak to try and move my body.