Chapter 18

"I think we can probably stop now." I shouted out to JJ, trying to catch my breath to speak. He stopped running and turned to face me, a smile creeping onto his face. 

"Sorry, my bad. Forgot how slow you were." he smirked. 

"Not true." I playfully hit him on the shoulder, and he stumbled back a little, only making the smirk on his face grow. 

"Oh, is so true. Do you not remember the big race?" he pointed at me. 

"Nope. No recollection of a big race." I lied. 

"Shut up. You so remember." he smiled, "Or should I remind you?" 

"Alright, alright. I remember. There is no need to retell the story." I interrupt JJ, trying to halt him from his mission to embarrass me. 

"Hmm, let's see. Well if I remember, it was between me, you and John B." he began, but I placed my hands over my ears to try and block out his speaking. 

"La, la, la." I sung over his voice, but he continued speaking anyway.

"And big Molly over here challenged John B and I to a race, because she thought and I quote, we were slow coaches." he spoke, emphasising my quote. 

"Shut uppp!" I call out to him, my hands still over my ears. He laughed and reached his arms out - he took ahold of my hands in his, removing them from my ears so he could finish. 

"And Molly came in last by miles. Not only did she lose, but she fell over, cut her knee, and made me and John B carry her... THE WHOLE WAY HOME." JJ laughs, dramatically emphasising his last point. I cringed at his words, and tried to snatch my hands away from him in embarrassment, but he simply laughed at my attempts and gripped them harder. 

"I hate you JJ." I mumble. 

"We both know that's not true baby." he teases me. 

"Is that so?" I roll my eyes at the boy. 

"That is indeed so." he nodded. 

"Whatever." I try and pull my hands away from his again, but he tightens his grip and pulls me in closer to me, a sombre expression clouding his face. 

"Molly." he whispered lowly, staring into my eyes. 

"What?" I ask, apprehensive of what his response would be. 

"I'm-" he begins but interrupts himself by sighing, before taking a deep breathe and continuing, "I'm sorry. About yesterday. About what I said, and did, to you." 

"Oh." is all I could manage to say. Nerves overtook my body - I didn't know what to say. I thought we would just move on and not bring it up, but here JJ is, apologising to me, and I was too flustered to speak. 

"I know that I was a dick to you Mols, I really do." he carried on, staring intensely into my eyes as he spoke. "I don't know why I said all that shit, I was just pissed that I made you mad. And I'm sorry, that was a dick move by me."

"JJ it's okay-" I began to accept his apology, but he interrupted me again. 

"It's not okay Molly, I know it's not. You're my best friend and I shouldn't treat you like that. But, I'm gonna make it up to you." JJ insisted. 

"You're gonna make it up to me?" I asked, smiling a little at the thought of him making a sweet gesture. 

"I am indeed." he smirked. JJ leant his head down and placed a gentle kiss on my hands that he was still holding between his, before he looked back up at me, smirking at my shocked reaction. "And it starts right now."