Chapter 6

Sun fills the room as I squint my eyes open. I was so tired last night I crashed pretty early on - judging by the sun outside, I had had a good night's sleep as well. I roll over in my bed and reach onto the floor towards one of JJ's hoodies I had taken from him and slid it on over my head. As soon as the fabric hit my body, his scent engulfed me and I felt my stomach twitch over how much I loved the smell. 

I shut the door of my bedroom closed behind me and headed towards the kitchen. 

"Morning Mols." John B smiled at me as he was rummaging through the fridge in the kitchen. 

"Morning, what's up?" I ask him. 

"Trying to find something edible to eat." he sighed, closing the fridge door with nothing in hand, meaning his rummage for food in the fridge was unsuccessful. 

"I could make pancakes if you want." I suggest.

"There's no power." John B states and I nod my head in understanding, "The storm knocked everything out."

"Shit yeah, I forgot about Agatha to be honest." I admitted, rubbing my eyes in hopes it would wake me up a bit more. 

"I definitely didn't forget, that bitch kept me up for most of the night." John B laughed. 

"Aw unlucky for some. Some of us slept like a baby through it." I smirk at him, as he rolls his eyes and pushes himself off from leaning on the counter and heads into the living room. 

"No service." I hear John B groan from the other room. I walk into the living room to see my cousin sighing at his phone. My attention is caught by a body sprawled out with their face down on the couch sleeping - I laugh at JJ's body position and try to pry my eyes away from him. 

"Yo JJ, you been outside?" John B leans down and shakes JJ awake. 

"I have polio, bro. I can't walk." JJ groans from the couch causing me to laugh at his comment, whilst John B just shook his head at the boy and walked out onto the front porch to inspect the damage from the storm. JJ wriggles his head further into the couch, clearly desperate to escape the sunlight, and I see this is an opportunity to annoy him. I run over to beside the couch and crouch down to beside him. 

"Good morning sleepy head." I exclaim into his ear causing him to jump up and briefly look at me, before face planting the couch again and groaning. 

"It's too early Molly, go away." he groans into the sofa. I roll my eyes and decide to follow John B outside instead, hoping he will be a bit more friendly than JJ this morning. 

"Oh shit." I mumble as I step outside and take in my surroundings. Trees have been knocked down in the front yard and smashed around by the wind; a large tree had been uprooted and had landed on top of the Pogue, where John B was currently working to clear the mess from off of the boat. 

"Oh man." John B groans. 

"Agatha did some work, huh?" I hear a familiar voice call out from behind me. I turn my head and see JJ stood behind me with a bottle of beer already in his hand, taking in his surroundings. 

"She sure did." John B agrees. I frown at JJ as he takes a sip of his beer and burps after doing so; he caught his eye with mine and gave me an expression as if to say 'what' and I simply nodded down to his beer, which was met by a shrug by JJ before he focussed his attention back onto John B. 

"What you thinking?" he asked. 

"I'm thinking that storm surge pushed all the crabs out on to the marsh maze. All those drum are gonna chase the crab." John B motions out to the water behind him.