The First Step

This story contains mature language and some love scenes but other than that you have nothing to worry about . Enjoy the reading 😘😘

All my life I have been told to appreciate everything I have , which i do God i love being a Princess but is it wrong to want more , more than what you already have ,My name is Kelly Karen Harris am a Princess of The Rain Kingdom ...don't ask me why it's called that I never pay attention to our history, Life as a Princess has been filled with Rules and Regulations, don't do that ,do that ,stand up straight, never show your emotions in public and all that crap am just tired .

Am referred as the rebellious one in the family of Five I have two brothers and two sisters, our eldest is know as Prince Fred James Harris, second born is Alex Michel Harris, third is Michelle Tori Harris ,am the fourth child and our baby is Malia Karen Harris , My Dad is known as King Alexander The Third and our Queen my mom is known as Queen Nile Mckellens our Royal Name .

Right now am in the same argument with Dad as for the last 18years ,Dad has tried to introduce me to many suitors but they are either to egotistical, self- centred or too spoilt , have tried to explain to him am better off without those son's of a ...watch your language Young Lady, that's the second thing we've been arguing about Language, to say the truth Language is something i have been struggling to change . I left Dad apologysing as usual for my rude behaviour, I literally fell on my bed so tired of this life .

God I would kill to experience a world outside this  but I can only dream, since in reality am stuck here and that's my  sad reality ,Alex my brother walked in my room to say  his good byes he was going to some Royal camp to learn how to be a leader, it has been his dream since he was five , everytime he brought it up with Dad , he always had some lame excuse in his sleeves but today he just announced it out of the blues, I have never seen Alex this happy ...but is it wrong of me to feel this way so, so , jealous he  finally gets to do  what he want on the other hand I can't and it's killing me.

Hey Doll we've  grown him calling me that , I grinded on my bed ,Still upset am leaving . He looked through my animated Blue eyes even through I tried really heard  to hide them behind my long thick lashes ,why are you leaving me  said that crying my eyes out ,am going to be all alone in this boring place and for the first time I met his eyes , we will be kilometres away from each other ,we've  never been that far from each other . Alex is three years older than me but that has never been a reason to keep us apart instead it even brought us  closer.

I have something for you he said that  handing me a medium sized box still having  this wide smile planted on his lips  ,I took the gift muttered my thanks and placed it on my nightstand. Hey aren't you opening it , I promise you will love it .  Pulled the fakest smile I could opened it , I was shocked beyond this world it was a phone ...I know , it's no big deal but it is to me ,Dad took my last  phone as a form of punishment. Thank you so much Alex .Now it will be like I never left ,so anytime you feel low call me and I will make sure that spirit raises okay . Thank you I cuddled closer to him .You do  know you aren't really going to be alone ,you have Fred ,Michelle and Malia .

I hit him lightly which  made him chuckle, are you serious? Fred is never at home his either in businesses meetings or with his family , Michelle is always busy with Royal balls , parties and dresses and Malia ...what will I talk about with a six year old other than playing tea cups with . Hey I love you , Alex said . I just hugged him tightly Malia decided to grace us with her presence,  she joined us in my bed and we stayed like that for a few minutes .

Alex already left and I have never felt alone in my entire life, Dad just happened to visit me in my room ,since I have literally refuse to come out of my room ,he had tried his best to cheer me up but nothing seemed to be working .This will surely make your day ,he hands me an envelop, took it from him not ones staring at him , opened it casually and my eyes literally popped out , Is this for real ...your not just pulling my leg or anything,Dad just continued nodding with his famous smile planted on his lips, I got out of my bed jumping up and down , I really couldn't contain my happiness, Am going to Princess Royal Camp while ,not really going there it will serve as a cover up to go to New York .

I just need to make sure am the one applying myself and everything will run smoothly  . I hugged Dad so tightly ,  Telling him how much I love him . I love you more sweetie I will have Mr.Spencer take care of everything  after a forehead kiss he was gone . I needed to convince Mr. S to let me take care of that and I knew just how to do it.  New York here I come. Rushed out of my room and like God too was on board with this I bumped into Mr. S ,'Hello Love what's the rush ?' Nothing ...actually was coming to look for you.

Dad just shared the good news with me and I was hopping you would let me apply myself, it has always been my life  long dream . He looked at me as if studying me whether to believe me or not and I think his last conclusion was ...Not .Then I knew I had to pull my sympathy card I cried my eyes out claiming how much am hurting after the one and only person who  understood  me happened to have just left the Kingdom ,with that I got what i wanted, I feel bad for what I just did but if I need to play dirty to get what I want ...then dirty it is .

Walked back to my room smiling in  victory, finally applied to New York University then made a fake application for Princess Royal Institution which I then handed to Mr. S who handed it to my Dad who smiled with approval and I knew the hardest part is completed .

I was to leave in two days from now and I just couldn't hide my happiness, at the dinning table  my sister noticed how happy I was and she was like,'Someone is happy to go to that  shit hole ...if I doubted it was Mr. Spencer who applied I would think you're  up to no good . Just stared at her ...nothing I repeat nothing or no one is going to ruin my day not even you Michelle I made sure to say it out loud so she heard it lound and clear .

Is living your dream a bad thing guys ?