30 • Coastline Road • 30

Harry and me got into the car

Harry and me got into the car. He pulled out of the driveway, turning onto the street. He flicked on the headlights and the light seeped into my old neighbourhood. I watched the familiar houses go by as he made his way round Longshore's suburban streets.

"Isn't this where you used to live?" He asked me.

I nodded and realised that we were coming up to my old house. "Yeah, that's my old house there." I told him, pointing at a house, which seemed to have light glowing out of it's windows like it was trying to tell us it was still there.

"Feels like a long time ago we were going round there for dinner." Harry said to me as we passed by the house and it faded in the rear view.

"It does, doesn't it?"

Harry smiled. "You know the first time you and your Mom came round to dinner?" He asked and I nodded, remembering the surprise I felt when I discovered my Mom was dating the father of the Lakewood brother's. "Well, don't tell my Dad I said this, but he didn't cook the meal he made us."

I raised my eyebrows. "I thought it was your grandmother's secret recipe and it took years for him to get it right?"

"That was a half truth. It was are grandmother's secret recipe, but our Dad never got it right. Me and Tommy had to make the lasagne. Dad can cook, but he can't follow one of our Grandma's recipe's and make it taste nice." Harry chuckled.

"Sounds like a complicated recipe." I commented.

Harry shook his head. "It isn't. Our Dad just makes it complicated because he tries so hard to get it right."

I smile. "He makes a pretty good lasagne now." I said, remembering how he made it for us last week."

"I think that's your Mom's help, there."

I rolled my eyes. "That's exactly what my Mom likes to do -- perfect the imperfect."

Harry shrugged. "Maybe. Or maybe she just knows how to make things better."

I shrugged and the pair of us fell into a comfortable silence as Harry turned onto another road. I stared at the tree's we passed until I was beginning to get the feeling that the ride home was taking a lot longer than it usually did. It was only when we came onto a coastline road that i realised this was not the way home.

"Harry?" I said, getting his attention. He glanced at me. "Where are we going?" I asked, but he offered me a smirk and didn't respond.

"Harry? Answer the question." I demanded, but i still got nothing. I was beginning to get anxious.

Harry ignored me and pulled up at the side of the road. Without a word, he got out of the car and shut the door behind him, leaving me alone in the car.

What the fuck?

I huffed and undid my seat belt. I got out of the car and found Harry stood by the side of the road, looking out at the sea. I walked over to him and folded my arms, waiting for an explanation.