Lady Levels

|Anubis Von Hearth|

"Yes, darling, I'll see you in a couple of hours. Love you," Napoleon said before hanging up the phone.

My eyes moved to the mirror on my side, checking the car behind us which is ours but it's a way to distract myself. I don't want to see Moor, she has treated me like fucking shit but she's my boss' fiancée. I'll just stay out of her way because I don't want another confrontation.

According to what I've talked with Moor's head of security, she's not coming with us to Paris but I'm still prepared for everything. I don't want any other surprises.

"How are you feeling, Anubis?" Napoleon asked, snapping me back to reality.

I looked at him through the rearview mirror "A bit hungry. You boss?"

"All right, eager to go to Paris and take care of wedding things; sometimes business sickens me," he leaned between the two front seats and reached to the little screen to choose a radio station. "Never get into business, Nunu," he told.

I glanced at him and raised an eyebrow "Nunu?"

"Yeah, what's that about?" Bradley asked.

Napoleon chuckled softly, finally choosing a station with classical music "It's just a nickname because the first time we met, she told me she doesn't like her name butchered."

I chuckled "I told you it would be much easier for you to call me something simpler but yes, that's why."

"Is it okay if I call you that?" He sat back.

"Sure, boss," I glanced at Brad who was showing me a cheeky little smile which is his way of teasing me. He's so dumb, always talking about how Napoleon and I would make pretty babies which might be true, but I don't have any feelings for him and he's engaged.

As soon as we arrived to the venue, I hopped off the car and walked around the back of the car to open the door for my boss.

"I'll go park the car and be inside in a minute," Brad said with his window rolled down.

"Put that window up, Bradley," I told as Napoleon hopped off.

"Yes, boss," he saluted me with a smirk before driving away.

Luca and other three men hopped off the car behind Napoleon's "Lead the way, Nunu," my boss said, glancing at his watch.

"Can't wait to get out of here?" I asked, walking in front of him.

"Oh, no, I'm extremely eager for this party," he joked in a sarcastic tone which made me chuckle. "Don't laugh at my misery, I already have too many siblings who do that. Speaking of: have you talked to Amara?"

I nodded, walking into the hotel "Yes, she's having a lot of fun at the beach but her jet-lag made it impossible for her to eat something when they got there," I told. "She sent me a picture of her vomit if you want to see."

"Ew, no," he laughed.

I chuckled and stopped in front of the grand doors that lead into the hotel's grand ballroom "Napoleon DiStefano," I told the man with an earpiece and screen in his hands.

The man's eyes diverted to Napoleon and he nodded with a smile "Welcome to the party, Mr. DiStefano," he greeted before slightly bowing his head.

"Thank you," Napoleon said as we passed him.

You know you would think as time passes, parties change but they don't, especially for people with money who seem to want to relive the days where they were in a castle, enjoying a banquet, and the people were outside, starving. I'm not against balls or parties, I've just never been invited to one as my own person; the ones I've attended have been part of my training, this is the first one as the leader of the pack. In this sort of situations, there's no time to feel nervous, you just have to be extremely alert.