Lady Rush

|Anubis Von Hearth|

"I'm so sorry, I have to leave guys. You've been so good to me, I feel awful."

Amara shook her head "Unexpected things come up all the time, especially around here."

"I'll make it up to you when I come back! I'll take you all out for dinner because my cooking is horrible!" I shouted, rushing up the stairs to my bedroom. From the closet, I grabbed my medium suitcase and threw in some underwear, two pairs of black jeans, a pair of leggings, turtleneck sweaters, my Doc Martens, a quilted jacket and spare leather jacket. It's November so it's going to be cold, more than here probably.

As soon as my suitcase was closed, I threw on my jacket, followed by a black wool coat and then rushed downstairs with my suitcase in one hand and in the other one a duffel bag with my necessary weapons in it. It's under my bed ready to go at any given time.

"You're welcome to stay if you prefer it guys! Thank you!" I exclaimed on my way to the front door. Since there's no reason to disturb anyone in the house, I took the scenic route. This time I heard the raccoons but didn't spot them.

In the garage, Brad was loading up Mr. DiStefano's luggage into a Maserati SUV. "Evening, Bradley," I approached him with a soft smile. "You have fine PJs," they're made of white silk and he looks so cute.

"Thank you, Anubis," he took my suitcase from my hand. "I see you have various pairs of black leggings."

A weak chuckle left my mouth "Comedic genius." We became friends this morning at the office when he brought me a mint tea from a local tea house. We talked for a few hours before lunch and it turns out he is beyond funny. With some people you'll just click with from the beginning.

Once everything was loaded in the car, I hopped into the passenger's seat. Brad hopped into the back seat which is odd, who's going to drive the car—Napoleon hopped in wearing joggers, a turtleneck sweater and Doc Martens. The joggers were black and his sweater white if you're wondering.

"What's happening? Why isn't Brad driving?"

"Because I must be fresh for London," Brad told.

Napoleon chuckled "What he said; I don't trust anyone to drive me around but him or myself, for that he needs his beauty rest."

"Exactly," Brad said; I looked over my shoulder to find a black eye mask on him. "Wake me up at the airport."

"Yes, boss," Napoleon joked as he pressed the button to turn on the engine. On the road I noticed that we are traveling with a big escort, they're also going to London with us but they take another plane which leaves thirty minutes prior to the main one to ensure they'll be there when Napoleon arrives.

On the ride to the airport we spoke of many things.

"I'm sorry for interrupting your dinner with my siblings and cousins," he apologized. "It was truly unexpected, I myself was having dinner with my parents but things come out of nowhere in this job."

"Don't worry, Napoleon," I glanced at him. "They understood."

"If you ever just want them to leave you alone, let me know and I'll take care of it; your life must already be stressful taking care of me," he drove past the gates of the private airport.

"I believe their company will make me feel a lot better. Amara is full of life and excitement, Ravena is unbelievably funny, Roma utterly blunt which makes me laugh, Nikolai can cook and is at everyone's command if ever needed and Ekaterina—"

"She's all of that put together in a little Russian-Italian body," Napoleon chuckled.

My eyes glanced at him.