Lord & Lady Professional

|Napoleon DiStefano|
|The next day|

When Anubis got out of the car, I received a call from Nikolai, to inform me that uncle Slava had slipped down the stairs, and that he was being rushed to the hospital. Unfortunately, right after finding out the identity of her parents, I had to inform my fiancée about the state of her father, and we had to rush to Russia. Anubis is currently in the hospital room, holding the man's hand while he sleeps and she tries to keep herself awake. Uncle Slava suffered a minor concussion, a broken rib and a broken arm, but he'll be fine. It's been fifteen minutes since he got out of surgery so we still have half an hour until he wakes up.

"What do you mean uncle Slava is Anubis' father?" Nikolai asked with Catalina—his best friend and torturer—beside him.

My eyes glanced at Catalina gently rubbing his bicep, suspicious if you ask me, but no one is asking me anything after almost ruining my life by almost marrying a person I don't love. Emphasis in almost, which everyone seems to forget.

"Apparently your uncle took a trip to a coast town in Spain, fucked a novice for a couple of days and my fiancée is the product of that temporary affair/love," I replied, crossing my arms.

"Anubis is twenty-four right?" Catalina raised an eyebrow.

I nodded "Yes, we share a birthday," maybe that last bit of information was utterly unnecessary but I like telling people so they get jealous; how often does the love of your life share the same birthday? There you go.

"Slava was already married; he's been married for twenty-seven," she commented, bringing to my attention info that I already possessed but hadn't processed. "The twenty-fifth anniversary party was the first event I attended with you, remember?" Catalina looked up at Nikolai.

My cousin nodded, gazing down at his best friend "Yeah, yeah."

"Well, that's odd because in the letter it says something about him telling her that he was scared of not finding the love of his life," now I'm confused. "Why would uncle Slava lie? He's always been so transparent about his feelings and he loves aunt Adilah."

Nikolai shook his head "Now, but the first five years were rocky because of the Valterri's death."

Oh yes, that hadn't crossed my mind; uncle Slava—not by blood but he's been around since I can remember—and his wife had a baby but Valterri, the baby boy, died of SIDS at three months old (Sudden infant death syndrome) which is when he might've traveled to Spain to make my soon-to-be wife.

"All right, I don't think Anubis should be in there when aunt Adilah arrives—"

"Napoleon!" Brad exclaimed as he ran towards me.

"What is it?" I turned his way.

"Cillian talked," he breathed out, reaching me. "When we took him to HQ he recognized someone in the Christmas picture from two years ago."

"Who?!"

"Don't play owl with me!" He exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes "Tell me, Bradley!" I demanded.

"Adilah," he informed.

My widened eyes moved to Nikolai and Catalina "When does she get here?"

"We talked twenty minutes ago, she was just leaving the airport so she should be here in another twenty minutes," Nikolai informed.

"Do not let her get here, Brad," I told, turning around to rush to the hospital suite. When I pushed the door open, there was Anubis, keeping her father's hand between her own as she slowly fluttered her eyes "Hey, princess," my feet approached her.