Lord Intrusion

|Napoleon DiStefano|

"I love you," I pecked my fiancée's lips at the front door "I'll see you at dinner."

Moor nodded with a soft smile on her lips "Good luck, darling," she was about to walk back into the house when I grasped for her wrist. "What is it?"

A grin formed on my lips as I pulled her close to me "Fix them, for luck."

She softly chuckled "Okay, honey," Moor fixed the lapels of my jacket and tie even though they didn't need it; I grew up watching my mom fix my dad's lapels for good luck and it's something I would like to incorporate in my marriage.

"Piccolo!" Mamma shouted as I was climbing into the SUV.

"Yes mom?" I hopped off the car.

She stood in front of me as Anubis held the door open "I made you lunch," mom handed me a quite heavy paper bag.

My cheeks turned red "Mom, you didn't—"

"I did," She told cupping my face "you'll soon be out of here and I won't be able to see your beautiful face every morning, let me enjoy it while it lasts."

"Mom, my house will be three doors down," I chuckled softly looking into her green eyes.

"So what? Besides your father wants to spend more time traveling," her eyes filled with tears "you're so big."

"Mamma," I pecked her forehead. "I'm Italian, I'll always come back to the nest; probably more than you would like."

"If I could have it my way you would stay here forever," she chuckled as tears escaped her eyes. "I'm so proud of you, piccolo," her arms laced around my neck. It's so odd having to lean down to hug your mother who is, most likely, the grandest pillar of one's life.

I can't wait to have a baby of my own and watch him/her/they grow, teach them everything valuable I know; What an adventure.

Once I pulled away, my eyes glanced at the door to find my dad looking proudly at us "Amo, amo piccolo!"

"Amo, amo papà!" I shouted followed by a chuckle.

"Be safe," mom scolded and then gazed at Anubis "I trust you to keep my precious cargo intact."

"I will, Mrs. DiStefano," she replied with a soft smile.

"Perfect," mom backed away slowly as I climbed back into the car. Dad wrapped his arms around mom and held her close as they stood under the threshold; this is a sight I never want to forget.

On our way to the city, Anubis and Brad who is my driver, didn't talk at all but I'm a talkative person so I decided to start a conversation.

"How long have you known my mother, Anubis?"

"Around 18 years, Sir."

I'm not very fond of the Sir thing when it comes to my primary escort; we'll spend most of the day together "Call me Napoleon, please. My dad is Sir or Mr. DiStefano but I'm just Napoleon."

"It's out of respect Sir and now that you're the boss, I believe those two titles belong to you as well," through the passenger side-view mirror her face was seeable; it was straight, focused, strong and somewhat puzzled.

"All right then, how old are you?" I requested to know.

"23, Sir."