Lord Mask

|Napoleon DiStefano|

We spent the most marvelous day on the yacht. Did we fuck again? Uh, duh, and I ate her out on the front deck under a fuzzy blanket she decided to take with her. She said it's our blanket now.

My princess lay her head on my shoulder as soon as we were in the car "I'm so tired, baby," she whined, wrapping her right arm around my torso.

"I know, princess," my lips pecked the top of her head as I wrapped both of my arms around her to hold her close. "When we get to the room we can take a bath and then go to sleep. How does that sound?"

"Mhh, fucking amazing, baby," she gripped my coat. "You have to give me a foot massage and hold me tight at night; those are my demands for tonight."

A grin appeared on my lips "Whatever the fuck you desire, princess...it will all be fucking yours."

Anubis giggled softly "Is that because the capo of the DiStefano family loves me?"

"Absolutely, princess," a soft chuckle left my mouth as my hands caressed her arms over the fine material of her sweater. "I love you so much and if feels so good to finally say it out loud, to finally hold you like this instead of going to sleep with someone I don't love and imagine is you."

"I imagined you in my bed many times too, especially after our midnight talks. I just thought: why can't he just lay here instead of us having to walk out in the cold night?" She snuggled in my chest. "Don't misunderstand me, I love those moments and I think about them constantly but I wish we could do it in the comfort of our bed—"

"Our bed," a grin appeared on my lips. "What do you want to do with our bedroom? Maybe we should change the decor—"

"What if we get through the hurdle of tomorrow first and then we choose paint samples? I do like white sheets though," her eyes fluttered close. "Wake me up when we are at the hotel, baby."

"Of course, princess," I whispered.

She's right. Even if our feelings for each other are clear as day, we need to take it easy because this won't be easy to digest for everyone. Not that we have to live to the life at the pace that others set but, for our own psychological safety, we should slow down. Maybe Anubis wants to date for a year or two before we actually get married, maybe she has dreams beyond being my bodyguard which is not hard to imagine, although the perks are pretty great. Anyway, there's much to discuss and we'll get to it when it's time. Right now, it's time for my princess to rest.

I've never felt more peaceful, even if tomorrow I have to break someone's heart, I've never felt more peaceful than right now, holding my princess while she sleeps. She's been through a lot according to the little she has told me and I'm sure there's more than that; even if my mother tried to build a shield around her, the world is cruel and it doesn't care what you've been through.

Once we got to the hotel, I decided to not wake her up and carry her in my arms, like a bride. I couldn't help but keep looking at her; she's so stunning. I know I keep talking about how beautiful her outside is but what's inside is way more stunning and bright and wonderful and endearing and mere perfection. Her feelings are so pure, she is always looking for ways to help the people who surround her, she constantly makes me laugh and I fall more in love by second.

When the elevator doors opened on my floor, my eyes went wide at the sight of Nikolai outside of my suite. Shit, fuck.

"There you are, fucker," he saw me and had a smile on his face. "Where have you been?" He seemed unbothered by the woman in my arms.

"Um, well, I told Anubis I wanted to go shopping but I didn't want to bother any of you; we've been in the city all day long and she's just drained," a smile curved my lips; I need to stop lying, one day I'm not gonna be able to keep up with the web I've created.