Lady & Lord Cheers

|Anubis Von Hearth|
|Seven months later|

My eyes fluttered open at the sound of my baby's cry so I immediately sat up to grab the baby monitor, but it wasn't on my nightstand; my eyes looked to my left to find an empty space, and then the crying stopped.

I got up on my feet and picked up my robe from the armchair by my side of the bed to throw it on on my way out of the bedroom.

Napoleon and I have been parents of a little baby boy named Ares for almost three months—Ares Bastet DiStefano was born on October 10th at 1:44 am and my delivery lasted around twenty hours; it was painful but I preferred that than having a scar to take care of whilst taking care of my newborn.

On my way down the hall, towards the nursery, I heard Napoleon's silent singing voice which made me smile "I'm getting older, I think I'm aging well, I wish someone had told me I'd be doing this by myself," my Nelon sang to our little baby boy one of his personal favorite songs which Getting Older by Billie Eilish. "You know baby, life is going to hit you hard sometimes but your mamma and your papà are always going to be there for you, no matter what. We might not be equipped and prepared for everything that will come our way, but we will always try our best."

A big smile appeared on my lips "Baby, he doesn't understand."

Napoleon looked up to me from our sleepy Ares "I just like telling him every night how much we love him and need him and will take care of him," he smiled, looking back at the baby, mesmerized.

When Ares was born Napoleon cried oceans, which was just extremely endearing and one of the most beautiful things I've seen; seeing baby daddy be so vulnerable and emotionally naked made for one of the best memories ever, and it'll be forever engraved in my brain.

I stepped into the bedroom and sat down beside Napoleon, on our custom-made double rocking chair "I'm excited for him to have a father," my left hand reached for Ares' little right hand.

"I will do the best job I can, princess," he leaned his head on mine and he sounded so decisive—he has already proven that he will be a wonderful parent.

My lips curved into a soft smile "I know you will, baby. It's just one thing I'll be able to give him that I didn't have; I know no one needs a father to have a happy life but I'm happy he has you."

"You have me too," he whispered, making me blush deeply. "I am daddy after all."

A chuckle escaped my lips; he has dumb jokes but all those dumb jokes make me laugh until I cry my eyes out sometimes "Yes you are, daddy."

Napoleon pecked the top of my head "Good girl," For a minute or two we were silent. "Every time I look at Ares it reminds me of the first time you told me you loved me."

"That's when we made him," a blush rushed up my cheeks at the memory; it was the perfect day.

"And we made him so perfect," Napoleon's big thumb caressed our baby's cheek. "At this moment I understand my parents better than I ever had; there's nothing I wouldn't do for our tiny egg," he sniffled and so I looked at him to find tears running down his cheeks.

"Aw baby," a frown appeared on my face "what's wrong?"

"Nothing," he shook his head, locking eyes with me "nothing is wrong in this room and it's all I've ever wished for, and I almost don't have it for being such a cunty brat."